They really can be quite overwhelming. I also am going from having 4 children in school, to having 4 children being taught at home. Different ages, different possibilities.
I have been showing Scott a lot of different things that I have been interested in. Yesterday he shot down the Catholic Heritage Curriculum. He thinks that religion part and maybe the English part of it is very good, but he is such a science and math guy ... that curriculum is not strong enough to him. I will go with him on this opinion.
I looked at Seton Home Study which looks like a good program, although it looks very demanding as far as time goes. I wonder if this would be a good program for the highschool years? {E} will only be in the 7th grade next year.
I still think I will be more eclectic in style, but the choices are endless. I just want to pick out the very best for my girls.
Another style that I have noticed a lot of Catholic homeschoolers use is the Charlotte Mason style. I really need to read up on it. I have been so programed by regular schools and their curriculum, that I wonder if I will be able to sway far from that style this year.
Lots to think about ....
I have been showing Scott a lot of different things that I have been interested in. Yesterday he shot down the Catholic Heritage Curriculum. He thinks that religion part and maybe the English part of it is very good, but he is such a science and math guy ... that curriculum is not strong enough to him. I will go with him on this opinion.
I looked at Seton Home Study which looks like a good program, although it looks very demanding as far as time goes. I wonder if this would be a good program for the highschool years? {E} will only be in the 7th grade next year.
I still think I will be more eclectic in style, but the choices are endless. I just want to pick out the very best for my girls.
Another style that I have noticed a lot of Catholic homeschoolers use is the Charlotte Mason style. I really need to read up on it. I have been so programed by regular schools and their curriculum, that I wonder if I will be able to sway far from that style this year.
Lots to think about ....
Comments