As I was working on my blog yesterday ... moving over posts, making things look pretty, etc, I was thinking about my title. I guess it was almost a year ago that I came up with "A Wink and a Smile" as my blog title. It really does not have significant meaning.
This little post was taken from my previous blog ...

I remember the days of just keeping time Of hanging around in sleepy towns forever Back roads empty for miles
Well you can’t have a dream and cut it to fit But when I saw you I knew We’d go together, like a wink and a smile
Leave your old jalopy by the railroad track We’ll get a hip double-dip hip Tip-Topy, two seat Pontiac
So you can rev her up, don’t go slow It’s only green lights and no rights Let’s go together like a wink and a smile Now my heart is music, such a simple song Sing it again the notes never end this is where I belong
Just the sound of your voice the light in your eyes They’re so far away from yesterday Together like a wink and a smile We go together like a wink and a smile.
I heard this song today and it made me happy. It is an old song, but I guess I became familiar with it because of the Sleepless in Seattle movie/soundtrack. I have this image of Tom Hanks and his son being silly and carefree on the beach. Makes me feel like I need more silliness in my life. So I decided to make it my blog's title. Many people have these really clever titles that have tons of meaning. Mine is just a simple old song that brings a smile to my face.
So there you have it, the reason for this blog's name. I even found a music snipet from ... http://www.esnips.com/CreateWidgetAction.ns?type=0&objectid=9be8f6d2-3a84-40de-af33-08196cef6973 . I am not sure how long it will stay there. Hopefully it is not TOO ANNOYING. You can always pause the sound when you read my blog ;)
This little post was taken from my previous blog ...

I remember the days of just keeping time Of hanging around in sleepy towns forever Back roads empty for miles
Well you can’t have a dream and cut it to fit But when I saw you I knew We’d go together, like a wink and a smile
Leave your old jalopy by the railroad track We’ll get a hip double-dip hip Tip-Topy, two seat Pontiac
So you can rev her up, don’t go slow It’s only green lights and no rights Let’s go together like a wink and a smile Now my heart is music, such a simple song Sing it again the notes never end this is where I belong
Just the sound of your voice the light in your eyes They’re so far away from yesterday Together like a wink and a smile We go together like a wink and a smile.
I heard this song today and it made me happy. It is an old song, but I guess I became familiar with it because of the Sleepless in Seattle movie/soundtrack. I have this image of Tom Hanks and his son being silly and carefree on the beach. Makes me feel like I need more silliness in my life. So I decided to make it my blog's title. Many people have these really clever titles that have tons of meaning. Mine is just a simple old song that brings a smile to my face.
So there you have it, the reason for this blog's name. I even found a music snipet from ... http://www.esnips.com/CreateWidgetAction.ns?type=0&objectid=9be8f6d2-3a84-40de-af33-08196cef6973 . I am not sure how long it will stay there. Hopefully it is not TOO ANNOYING. You can always pause the sound when you read my blog ;)
Comments
I love the music. I always smile when I hear Harry Connick, Jr. I find myself longing for the "old days" when his music was mainstream, kwim?
I long for main street USA, for the times when women behaved and dressed like ladies, for the time when little boys and girls said, "yes, ma'am" and meant it.
I digress.
At any rate, your blog is a treat!
Be blessed,
Oney
Let me know how it is going~
Blessings,
Cris