What God Hath Promised
-Annie Johnson Flint
God hath not promised
Skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways
All our lives through
God hath not promised
Sun without rain
Joy without sorrow,
Peace without pain.
But God hath promised
Strength for the day,
Rest for the labor
Light for the way,
Grace for the trials,
Help from above,
Unfailing sympathy,
Undying Love.
Today I am thinking of my brother and his family as they had to evacuate their home. My prayers are that hopefully (SOON) these fires are contained. It must be so scary. Right now I am just anxious to talk to my brother and make sure that he is now in safe arms. I can imagine he is also very worried about his animals (5 dogs and a horse).
-Annie Johnson Flint
God hath not promised
Skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways
All our lives through
God hath not promised
Sun without rain
Joy without sorrow,
Peace without pain.
But God hath promised
Strength for the day,
Rest for the labor
Light for the way,
Grace for the trials,
Help from above,
Unfailing sympathy,
Undying Love.
Today I am thinking of my brother and his family as they had to evacuate their home. My prayers are that hopefully (SOON) these fires are contained. It must be so scary. Right now I am just anxious to talk to my brother and make sure that he is now in safe arms. I can imagine he is also very worried about his animals (5 dogs and a horse).
Comments
I did get to talk with my SIL this morning. The kids and her are safe at a friends. The animals have been moved to a safe location too. My brother and BIL are still at their home (despite the mandatory evacuation).
The fires are behind the house on the hills below them. There are fire trucks up in that location, so I continue to pray for the safety of others and that there is no damage to my brother's home.
Scary stuff ...
***My prayers are with your brother and his family.
{W}