and it is a simple little child song ...I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart,
(where?) down in my heart,
(where?), down in my heart, I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, (where?) down in my heart to stay.
I've got the peace that passes understanding down in my heart
I've got the love of Jesus, love of Jesus, down in my heart
I've got the wonderful love of my blessed redeemer way down in the depths of my heart
I guess you could say that I am feeling a lot of joy right now. Saturday night was an amazing night. Just before mass I shoved a few tissues into my pocket because the emotional person that I am felt the need to be prepared. Never did I shed a tear. There were moments when I watched my husband stand at our (brand new) baptismal font and I was shaking inside. It wasn't that I was nervous (I don't think), but I just felt this very strong presence. To be witness to so many adults making this decision to come into the Catholic Church was just so powerful.
I love my husband, but NOW I feel an even greater connection to him. WE are both beaming with JOY!!!!
Comments
{W}
Congratulations to you and your DH on his entrance into the church! I pray that my husband will do the same.
Beautiful church!
That joy song was played at my first holy communion back in 1970 and they folk group put my name into the song at certain parts...I love that song because of the memories it brings back.
Blessings to your family.