Today ... homeschool standardized testing. This is our first time at that. Only {k} has to take it. We did a lot of review on test taking skills and practice tests this past month(she has done great). I want her to do well for HER. It would also be nice if maybe she had some improvements over last years test. Selfishly, then I would feel good for ME (knowing I taught her). I don't "love" these tests because I don't (lots of reasons), but we have to take them.
The rest of the week is filled with learning, school, swim team practice, track practice, church on Wed. night, track meet on Wed. night, Communion practice on Sat., youth group retreat (for older daughter) on Sat., Family Day at my husband's work on Sat. and dinner at a friends on Sat. (gosh SATURDAY IS FULL!).
Little {b} is saying an intention at all school mass on Friday. She will read "For all those who have died may they share in the fullness of life with Jesus Christ". Hopefully she will project that little voice and not be too shy. Although, she is just 5 and to get in front of an entire Church ... yikes! I need to start praying for her.
{e} is serving at two masses this week ... all school Friday mass and I believe she will be altar serving at her sister's Communion on Sunday. We still need confirmation on that.
YES, we have a big day on SUNDAY! First Holy Communion for {m}. We finished up her banner this past week and handed it in yesterday. I should have taken a photo of it (oops). Hopefully all the felt and items will stay glued to the banner for viewing next Sunday.
I'll be sure to post some photos of my little beauty next week. Her dress is just breathtaking!
Yesterday we started a 9 day novena in preparation for her First Communion.
Day 1: Love
Child: Jesus said, "This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (John 13:35)
Parent: God our Father, help us most especially during these next nine days to prepare our child to receive your Son, Jesus.
All: Jesus, you were always kind and loving to others.
Please help us to follow your example.
Jesus, I believe in you.
Jesus, I hope in you.
Jesus I love you.
Come, Lord Jesus, make your home in my heart.
The rest of the week is filled with learning, school, swim team practice, track practice, church on Wed. night, track meet on Wed. night, Communion practice on Sat., youth group retreat (for older daughter) on Sat., Family Day at my husband's work on Sat. and dinner at a friends on Sat. (gosh SATURDAY IS FULL!).
Little {b} is saying an intention at all school mass on Friday. She will read "For all those who have died may they share in the fullness of life with Jesus Christ". Hopefully she will project that little voice and not be too shy. Although, she is just 5 and to get in front of an entire Church ... yikes! I need to start praying for her.
{e} is serving at two masses this week ... all school Friday mass and I believe she will be altar serving at her sister's Communion on Sunday. We still need confirmation on that.
YES, we have a big day on SUNDAY! First Holy Communion for {m}. We finished up her banner this past week and handed it in yesterday. I should have taken a photo of it (oops). Hopefully all the felt and items will stay glued to the banner for viewing next Sunday.
I'll be sure to post some photos of my little beauty next week. Her dress is just breathtaking!
Yesterday we started a 9 day novena in preparation for her First Communion.
Day 1: Love
Child: Jesus said, "This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (John 13:35)
Parent: God our Father, help us most especially during these next nine days to prepare our child to receive your Son, Jesus.
All: Jesus, you were always kind and loving to others.
Please help us to follow your example.
Jesus, I believe in you.
Jesus, I hope in you.
Jesus I love you.
Come, Lord Jesus, make your home in my heart.
Comments
Hope you have a great week, E!