Today I had the most adult conversation in a very long time. The reason ... I was volunteering at Vacation Bible School with our parish.
I was having this lovely conversation with a woman who has a daughter (same age as my #4) and a son. She was talking with me about activities, school, television. Somewhere during the conversation she realized I had not 3, but 5 daughters. I don't usually rattle that fact off to everyone. Many people who don't even know me that well, but know of me, just KNOW that I have 5 girls.
Of course I get the usual ...
"I don't know how you do it"
"Managing 5 other schedules ... WOW!"
I just say the same thing all the time ...
"my husband MADE ME have all these KIDS!" (just kidding)
NO REALLY, I just say "I only had one at a time and I just do the best I can"
Really, we all do the best we can. Some days are great and nearly everything happens the way I want it to. Other days are just nail biting, hair pulling, teeth gritting sort of days. Some days I feel all together whereas other days I just feel scattered and crazed.
Today was a day that I felt a little proud. I was volunteering, I had makeup on, and I was chatting about my wonderful life.
Today was also the day that I left the house and forgot to ZIP MY FLY!
I guess this was NOT my MOST perfect, all together sort of day.
I was having this lovely conversation with a woman who has a daughter (same age as my #4) and a son. She was talking with me about activities, school, television. Somewhere during the conversation she realized I had not 3, but 5 daughters. I don't usually rattle that fact off to everyone. Many people who don't even know me that well, but know of me, just KNOW that I have 5 girls.
Of course I get the usual ...
"I don't know how you do it"
"Managing 5 other schedules ... WOW!"
I just say the same thing all the time ...
"my husband MADE ME have all these KIDS!" (just kidding)
NO REALLY, I just say "I only had one at a time and I just do the best I can"
Really, we all do the best we can. Some days are great and nearly everything happens the way I want it to. Other days are just nail biting, hair pulling, teeth gritting sort of days. Some days I feel all together whereas other days I just feel scattered and crazed.
Today was a day that I felt a little proud. I was volunteering, I had makeup on, and I was chatting about my wonderful life.
Today was also the day that I left the house and forgot to ZIP MY FLY!
I guess this was NOT my MOST perfect, all together sort of day.
Comments
i did that in 10th grade. wearing white denim-ish pants. while passing a guy - not once, but 2 or 3 times - that i had a crush on. everytime i'd pass him, i'd giggle to my friend. little did i know....
Thanks for being real. I like the women who are not fake and really tell it like it is.
{W}
I don't know how I do it, I went insane after #3 and now I just franticailly bounce from one moment to the next.