
I have had these braces for a year and a half now and I have officially begun my countdown to get these awful things off.
Every 6 weeks I go to have my existing wires clipped off of my self ligating brackets. This procedure is not pain free as my wires are thick and the pressure put on my teeth is GREAT. So great that I often feel like I will loose the teeth that they are trying to straighten.
Today I sat back in my chair, alternating between gripping the arm rests and putting my hands together in a prayer clasp wishing with all of me that I would feel very little pain. My heart races, I sweat, and today ...
I CRY
Yep, I actually CRIED. Not the sobbing kind, just the endless silent tears that flow when you really don't want them to.
The old wires came out, some brackets were re-positioned, and new wires were put back in. Just as I thought I was nearly done, the last bracket (on top) would not take the wire because it was thick and my tooth position was off. Remedy for this (according to the orthodontist walking by) ... remove that wire AGAIN and put in a thinner one.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I told the orthodontist that next time I come, I may just be INTOXICATED!!!!!!!
Thankfully due to all the pain I had previously experienced, the new pain seemed a little less, but only a smidge less.
Soon to follow will be thicker wires on top. Then in maybe 2-3 more months molds will be taken of my mouth in preparation for JAW SURGERY. That'll be a whole new kind of pain.
When this is all over I better have the best SMILE EVER!!!!!
Comments
I have been there. Except I was pregnant with my 4 child. It is no fun but worth it. Take some pain meds. before going??!!??
{W}
I'm so fortunate my parents gave me braces - I get so many compliments on my teeth....now, if they were only a little whiter! :)