This week is going to be a busy one. As much as I love this world of blogging, I think I need a little break or I will feel even more chaos.
Christmas is fast approaching and my list is still quite long. With all that I have to do I need to remember to find the joy in things or this wonderful season will pass by without much of a memory to look back on.
Once upon a time I felt like I had more time to shop, to bake, to watch all those great Christmas movies. These past few years I have watched myself turn into a crazy woman running around town ... spreading myself thin. The many baked goods I used to create seem a thing of the the past. I've even resorted to those store bought or Pillsbury goodies.
Yesterday began the 3rd week of ADVENT ("Gaudete Sunday") and we are asked to find the "JOY" and prepare our hearts for the coming of our Lord. So, this week I am going to try to do just that ... to pause, breathe deeply, and look each day and see all that I am grateful for.
Comments
Relax.
We will all be here when you get back.
We had a nice sermon on joy this past "pink candle" Sunday. I have been feeling tempted to push aside a few holiday traditions this year(mainly baking) because I feel rushed. I don't like it that these thoughts are entering my mind. I remember how much joy it brought me as a child to bake with my mom in the days and weeks leading up to Christmas and I want my children to have that experience too.
W