I have no patience and my anxiety level is usually through the roof. It doesn't matter if it is a happy occasion ... like a vacation. I'm always finding something to worry about. Over the years I have loosened up just a bit, but I really think I am just hardwired to worry.
I know that I have been a little on edge ... especially with my children. Last night I yelled at them for sneaking the last bit of chocolate from my special hiding spot. Guess I need a new spot to stash my goods.
I know that I have been a little on edge ... especially with my children. Last night I yelled at them for sneaking the last bit of chocolate from my special hiding spot. Guess I need a new spot to stash my goods.
This morning I went to Panera and ate my favorite jaw popping bagel ... ASIAGO (YUM!) It seems like a priority this week to find all my favorite foods to eat (chocolate covered raisins) or drink (pinot grigio) before the surgery. Already I am thinking of what I will eat Thursday night ... my last chewing meal for a while (maybe a steak?). Come Friday at 12am, I am not allowed to eat or drink until after the surgery which won't be until Friday night. How am I gonna get through Friday morning without biting someones head off? No water, no coffee, and no food! AHHHHHHHHHHH!
I know that once this is all over, I will have a sense of relief (mentally ... not physically at first). For most of my adult life I have dealt with jaw pain, headaches, and a general dislike of practically every picture that has been taken of me. Having this surgery is something I have really needed. It will really make a difference in my life. So even thought I have completely HATED this whole braces thing, and will likely do my fair share of complaining after this surgery ... I am so glad to have an opportunity to make this BIG CHANGE.
Thanks for reading my complaints ... past, present, and probably future ;)

Comments
It's going to be okay -- but you are entitled to your feelings and you can be scared and mad and excited and emotional and jittery and everything.
And you know we'll all be praying you through this -- and now that we all know who to pray to, we'll be praying directly to that patron saint. :)
I wished I lived close so I could do something more for you, but know you have my friendship, an ear if you need to talk and always my prayers.
Hugs!
Praying for all to go well...
I hope everything goes as it is supposed to with your surgery and recovery. I think it is great your mom will be there to help and you have a few girls that are probably pretty independent with most of their needs, eh?
And about the chocolate...jaw surgery coming up or not, that is legitimate reason for mom to freak out. :)
I have to hide treats from my kids, too! Usually they find them or I forget where I hid them :-)
I don't know if you intended the puns in this post or if they were slips (hard wired) and (jaw popping)! Take ten deep cleansing breaths and think happy thoughts! We're all praying for you!
THANKS TO ALL ... your kind words and PRAYERS are so sweet and GREATLY appreciated.