I needed jaw surgery?
I added back the labels to my sidebar, but even under braces, I'm not sure I even said why I needed surgery.
*I had a retainer as a child for an underbite, but my treatment fell apart when we moved and suddenly financial issues got in the way.
*I've dealt with overcrowding with my teeth (crooked), a crossbite (bottom jaw sat to the left), and an underbite (upper jaw never grew properly).
*After years of going to the dentist and being told by several dentists how straightening my teeth would help with oral health, I finally went for some consults in the early part of '07. My own mother lost most of the teeth in her mouth in her mid 50's due to an infection that she didn't treat properly. Just the thought of that made me want to do all I could to make sure the teeth in my mouth stayed healthy for a long time.
*I also have dealt with TMJ on and off for a number of years. After I had child #2, I wore a splint, and was nearly ready to start the whole braces/jaw surgery thing, when I suddenly was pregnant with #3, and then shortly after we MOVED from CA to NJ. Everything got put on hold.
* I needed jaw surgery to correct my bite. Braces at my age can correct and straighten teeth, but once your jaw stops growing in your early teens, there is not much that can be done about a BITE.
SO THERE YA' HAVE IT! My little story.
Comments
or that.
I asked and I received.
Now...what else shall I ask you?
This could be fun.
I kinda like Laura's idea...what else can we get out of you if we ask??? Hmmmm...... :)