HOW I HARDLY EAT ANY.
UGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Okay, so it has only been 11 days and I have a good 18 more days (minimum) before I may be able to move up to slightly MUSHY foods ... like bananas, eggs, overcooked pasta. At the 6 week mark I can add a bit of chewier foods to my diet. By 8 weeks, I should be able to eat whatever I can possibly eat.
My mother has been with me the last 11 days and has done all sorts of cooking. For WHO you might ask ... why that would be for my children, my husband, and my dog. WHAT ABOUT ME? She offered me some JELLO. Told me that it was healthy ... huh? JELLO is sugar and water. JELLO does not have any vitamins in it. JELLO doesn't even begin to fill a starving woman's body. JELLO SUCKS and I am boycotting it for the rest of my 18 days.
TONIGHT I ran away after my mom served my children some pork chops, mashed potatoes, fresh spinach, and fresh bread. I couldn't take it any longer. I needed to get out and find ME SOME GOOD FOOD. So as soon as my husband pulled up in the driveway, I stole his car and headed to the grocery store. Walking around the store (pulling up my pants that are starting to slide off of me), I come up with ... Butternut Squash Apple Soup, Turkey Chili with Beans, Chocolate Pudding (and not the sugar free kind), and some ice cream (chocolate ripple).
I purchased
I drove home
I blended chili into soup
I ate the entire bowl
I had dessert
Tonight for the first time in 12 days I feel SATISFIED!
Comments
So sorry you are struggling!
Jen
I am hoping that soon you will be able to bite into a sandwich or potato.
I feel for you.
This may not be nearly as filling as chili, but fruit smoothies would be really good for you too. We blend a bag of frozen fruit, 1/2 a cup of plain or vanilla yogurt, about 1 cup V8 Fusion juice (it has a full serving of fruit and veggies) and a banana. You could add a protein shot for good measure--or a shot of tequila ;-)
Happy recovery!
I was gonna say -- what about pudding? At least it's got some milk and may be a little protein in it. Yogurt? I love the pureed chili idea. And I'm glad you feel satisfied FINALLY. I hope you don't get sick of chili though after this is all over.
Hang in there honey and know I'm thinking of you.
Lets look at the brightside (i know, easy for me to say i eat like a horse or three) No weight problem and it's lent so if you can't eat now is the time to do it.
And just think about how good everything is going to taste once you can eat. Well maybe you shouldn't do that. Might drive you nuts and you will be trying to puree a steak in your blender
poor gal...hang in there. One day at a time, right!
((HUGS)) friend!
Prayers!
:(