Most of the time you will hear me say that I love to exercise.
That might not be the whole truth.
I love the way I FEEL and LOOK after I exercise.
The during part is what I HATE.
It was a struggle when I was younger ... when I swam. Back then I had coaches to push me which made it nearly impossible to not give it my best. Even then I can recall reciting the lyrics to songs to make the time go by faster. Today I don't have a coach and it's all up to me. Sometimes I count songs or take a peek at what my Nike + reading tells me. The beginning few weeks always takes me a while to build up to a level. One where I hit my zone and don't notice as much the time or distance.
Right now I am in the beginning (again) stage where I count, look at the time, and secretly hope that I just make it a little further than last time. The "zone" would come a little sooner if I didn't take so many days off and my "last times" weren't so far apart.
This is the week that I start my commitment to staying focused and just getting the exercise in. There are so many benefits that I see (pretty quickly) when I exercise. Mentally I am just a little more relaxed ... less wound up. Physically I just feel stronger and less tired. I'm also pretty sure that the swim suit that I will likely put on (this coming week) will look WAY BETTER ON ;)
Comments
I started a light two pound weight program two days ago. My thighs are still tender from squats. I SHOULD have done it again today! See, anticipating doing it. I'm bad. But you are inspiring . . . :)
Adrienne
Tired so I don't want to....become more tired because I don't.
Yup.
Adrienne
All the best with your efforts.
ciao for now,
Elena :)
You are a true blue!
-june