Skip to main content

I wonder how many "in a funk" posts I have ?????

It's March 17th and this is my 6th post of the month and let me remind the readers that not much quality posting has gone on in this month ... really, in this year. I wish I could say that I have found new passions that have taken up my days and made me a better person, but NO not yet. I haven't been sick, didn't have a baby, haven't gone on vacation, and didn't have visitors come to my home. I have been busy though. I guess I've got that in my corner. My afternoon schedule is almost too hard to imagine. This may possibly be my greatest accomplishment so far this year. Homeschooling by day and getting my bunch from their schools to their designated afterschool activities has been challenging. Some very kind mom told me that I was inspiring. Nice word, but it's really hard for me to take that "compliment" since I don't really feel like that's the best description of me right now.

In a funk. What really does that mean? DEJECTED MOOD. Maybe I should start using that term instead - dejected. It certainly seems to fit me.

I'd really like to turn this post around and be joyful. I really, REALLY WOULD. You see, there could possibly be a big change happening in my immediate family life and I've been praying quite hard that God would know what is best and HIS will would be the outcome. The thing is, the definite has not happened and it's been put off over and over again. Patience and clarity are what I've been praying for. It's hard, and I'm not very good at the waiting part.

Today I went for the longest run I've been on in a while ... 4.7 miles. It started out rough. I took most of February off from running and this was only my 3rd run back. I downloaded some new music for my iPod and hoped that would inspire me. The first 1.5 miles was not feeling all that great and I almost thought the run would come to an end soon, but I persevered and kept going. By the time the run ended I thought I could've gone even further than 4.7 miles, but I knew time was not on my side. I had to get on with the day, so I made the walk back to my house.

Running makes me happy. Except for my limitations with "time", I'm never really interrupted. The time alone is like a wonder drug for me ... calming me and allowing me to think. Sometimes I listen to lyrics of songs, take in an inspiring podcast, or hear the words from a book. Running is my "me time" and it's always appreciated.

Today, I had the time to think and to feel a bit more peace. It had been a while, and it made me realize that all the worrying that I have been feeling is not the way I want to carry on. God has blessed me with so many wonderful things ... family, home, strengths, and even amazing logistical skills (getting my kids to their places on time). The sadness and all the physical side effects are NOT WHO or WHAT I want in my days. It's just a bit too depressing.

SO, today I was spoken to in a way. The little voice (God perhaps) said to me that tomorrow I will wake up and pretend that this is January 1st ...

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life

For me

And I'm feeling good


I'm sure I should find some inspiring biblical quote, but instead the lyrics to a Michael Buble song come to mind.

So be IT! Tonight it works for me.

Comments

nutmeg said…
Elaine~
I can't believe no one commented on this one. I love your writing, and how you convey your thoughts. This one in particular.
It's so hard to be so many things to so many people, to be a constant in the unending chaos. I totally understand that. And I DO think you are inspiring, the way you manage it all.
But it's also nice to hear that you are also oh so very, blessedly, normal.
Running sounds like the perfect antidote. Good for you!
cyber- {{hugs}}

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling every bit of 46 ... ugh!

When I was 45, I was feeling fabulous.   I was fit, energetic, and I thought I could easily pass for 40;) Age was just a number and I certainly didn't think I felt or looked my true age. Then February 11th came and I turned 46.   I have sciatica on my left side, my left knee is stiff, and I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot.   I've resorted to stretching all the time and popping the occasional anti-inflammatory.   There are dark circles under my eyes that I've had to start putting concealer on.   My hair is growing out from last years 45 year old short hair, but it's just in an awkward stage.  I can't decide if I want to cut it again or let it grow out.   I even thought of styling my hair differently by doing a different hair part.   That was a terrible idea because I was SHOCKED to see how much gray is now growing in the center of my scalp.  I also think my metabolism is slowing down because my mid section seems a little thicker ... ...

"The Loveliness of The Seashore"

What is the "Seashore" like? "Where the sky meets the sea ... The seashore is a place where the sea and the sky are the same smoky gray until ... the morning sun breaks through. The hot noonday sun feels warm as a big soft cat covering you. And it seems there is nothing in the world except the sound of the wind and the rising and falling of waves." Over at Dawn 's there are so many wonderful books suggested on her blog. Earlier this month I couldn't help but to peek at some of them ... thanks Dawn! *The above quote came from The Seashore Book . The ocean moves in and then moves out. This place where water, sky and earth meet is never the same. The tide comes in, the tide goes out, each wave that returns pushes against the incoming swell as it is pulled back into the endless depths and swallowed into the vastness of an unknown deep. Such is each day of our "daily" lives. I grew up enjoying the sights, sound, and the surf of the NY/Jersey "shor...

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...