BUT, I did get a medal and it was 1st place for my age group ... 30-39.
I felt confident about running this race. I've done 4 miles with no issues so many times. However, this time my run was on a very hilly path. Couple this with being my first run and not knowing exactly how to pace myself put me in a tricky spot. I went out rather easy, but found myself looking ahead and not where I usually put my focus on. I saw people (especially noting women) ahead of me and breaking away. Me, I was stuck next to an 8 or 9 year old boy. I love little kids, but this one was annoying the heck out of me. He kept stomping his feet aside of me. Sometimes he would slow down, but then he would quickly race ahead of me and zigzag in front of me. A few times he even jumped up to hit trees so that the water would come down above us.
Did I mention it was raining at the beginning of my run?
Did I mention that I've been suffering with a cold/allergy thing?
Did I mention that I was up half the night waiting for my husband to come home from a diverted trip (NY to ATLANTA to Little Rock) that couldn't land in Little Rock due to tornadoes in the vicinity. He ended up flying to NW, AR and then several hours later coming back home to Little Rock. The husband came home at 4am and the puppy woke me up at 6am.
My run was just an OK run ... 4 miles in just under 40 minutes. I could have done better.
BUT, I conquered my fear of the RACE. I posted this picture on Facebook and received so many warm messages. Today I went to our Church carnival and also received some lovely compliments. It feels good :)
Another race perhaps?
Comments
Keep up the great work...it's inspiring!