Yesterday was one of those days ...
- extra friends at the house
- children forgetting the eat in the kitchen only rule
- little one feeling left out because she was the only one without a "friend"
- middle one begging for ANOTHER sleepover
- too much ... "mom, come see this"
- too much arguing, crying, and tears
- way too much "can I's?"
AT about 3pm I felt one of those fight or flight responses. I really wanted to leave my almost 15 year old with her sisters and take my pathetic self to the bookstore for a little quiet time.
I didn't go of course.
Instead I looked into the sad eyes of my 5 year old whom I had promised I would take to the pool. We put on our suits and went together for nearly 90 minutes. She found a little girl to play with, had an ice cream treat, and suddenly all was right in the world.
Still, when the pool visit was over, I came back to a slightly chaotic house. I wanted to feed my children and just escape. I even warned my husband that I might be heading out.
I didn't go of course.
That's pretty much when I KNOW that we all need a little structure; a stick to the schedule plan. I might actually be ready for next week's new school year to start.
Comments
So those that are home keep asking if we can go out to lunch today. I feel like saying yes, packing a pic nic and saying, "well at least we're out."