I'm sure I am not the only woman who goes through this. You know when you get your hair cut (in late March) and it looks good for 6 weeks. Then you say you will hold out until the 10 week mark because those appointments are spendy. Then suddenly it is summer and you decide that maybe you would like to grow out your hair. It's hot anyway, so the updo ALMOST looks stylish.
THEN ...
School starts and things get busy. The hair goes from looking needy to a strangely good phase.
But then ...
One day you wake up and realize that there really is nothing you can do to make the hair look better. The hair is limp and the highlights are 3 inches off the root line.
WELL, that is me right now.
Checking the calendar and seeing that I had my hair cut and highlighted back on March 23rd is SHOCKING. It's been years since I let that amount of time go by. How did this happen? (I'm sure you can figure that one out)
So Friday I am scheduled, and I'm checking out a new place based on a recommendation. My 12 year old is looking online right now for some groovy hairstyles ... ones for MIDDLE AGED WOMEN. Nice, huh?
I should be back to looking better soon enough.
THEN ...
School starts and things get busy. The hair goes from looking needy to a strangely good phase.
But then ...
One day you wake up and realize that there really is nothing you can do to make the hair look better. The hair is limp and the highlights are 3 inches off the root line.
WELL, that is me right now.
Checking the calendar and seeing that I had my hair cut and highlighted back on March 23rd is SHOCKING. It's been years since I let that amount of time go by. How did this happen? (I'm sure you can figure that one out)
So Friday I am scheduled, and I'm checking out a new place based on a recommendation. My 12 year old is looking online right now for some groovy hairstyles ... ones for MIDDLE AGED WOMEN. Nice, huh?
I should be back to looking better soon enough.
Comments
I don't know how old you are, but I know when I turned 40 my hair changed and not for the better. It's either too dry or too oily, coarse and unruly and won't hold a curl. So if $80.00 makes me feel better about myself then I'm good with it.
Do a before and after shot when you go to get your hair done.