So we caved ...
We had to ...
We promised ...
MEET OLLIE
When we told the girls that we would be moving from AR to NJ, they took it pretty hard. So my husband and I did what any other GOOD parent would do.
WE PROMISED OUR CHILDREN WE WOULD GET ANOTHER PUPPY.
I really did not want another dog. We have one already. We also have a cat, a bunny, and a fish.
A puppy means work for ME. I knew I would have to remember that all those promises made by my children to walk, feed, clean up, and train a puppy were only LIES.
LIES!
LIES!
LIES!
One cool, spring day at a minor league baseball park, Ollie (formerly known as Fluffy ... another lie) would be paraded around the field during the 7th inning stretch. A pet rescue group known as SAVE, was trying to find a home for this puppy. The minute that my girls saw him, they begged ... and begged ... and begged.
Parents caved.
I called SAVE.
Ollie was soon adopted.
They told us that he was most likely hound/cattle dog mix and would probably grow to about 30-40 pounds.
MORE LIES!
Check out that cute photo above and you will see that he is neither hound nor cattle dog. Most likely he is part pitbull (Staffordshire Terrier) and boxer. He also weighs more than 30-40 pounds. In fact he is probably 2x that weight now. As of January 4th he is "1" and I'm pretty sure he's full size. Maybe he will weigh a bit more, but he looks to be done getting taller. THANK GOODNESS!
Ollie has come a long way since he first came into our family back in late April. He's not nearly as mouthy and he actually does some listening (sitting, paw, etc). He's kennel trained and for the most part, he is really good about that. I think he has potential to be a pretty good dog.
At least he is cute ...
Comments