"I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time
Can you hear my voice this time
This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song ..."
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song ..."
I'm sure you've heard this song on the radio (by Rachel Platten). If not ... look it up. We've lived in NJ now for 2 years and I know from past experiences with moving to a new state, that it really does take time to "embrace" the change. Two years is usually the number. I know because my family has bounced from NJ to MO to CA to NJ to AR to NJ.
I'd like to say that now that two years has gone by, I feel better ... like we are home.
Not exactly true.
It's a battle every day. I'm reminded all of the time how expensive it is to live here ... how complicated children's schedules can be ... how angry people are around me ... how family and faith are valued less.
I feel like I've been fighting for two years. The lyrics of this song mimic what I see in my head when I think of my almost 18 year old. It was so incredibly hard to move for her when she was approaching 16. She will be 18 in 11 days and I know she is so anxious to escape ... to get to college and start life on her own terms.
I love the lyrics of this song because they really are FIGHTING WORDS. Desperately our family has been trying to take back our life ... one that we built and loved back in Arkansas. Who would have thought that some east coast people would fall in love with a state like Arkansas? But, we did. We really, really miss it.
My hopes, dreams, and prayers for this year are that we fight for what we stand for (our family values) and that our children's dreams can be obtained ... especially for that 18 year old who wants desperately to swim at a college that will value her for HER.
Pray for us ... and I will pray for you (leave your request)
Comments