Today I walked into the front office of my girl's school and asked to withdraw two of my girls. The other 2 (my soon to be K and 7th grader) will stay at their current school. I was so worked up about doing this, but it was rather uneventful. I am sure as soon as I turn in the withdrawal slip later today, they will call up some other family on the waiting list and tell them that there are openings. Good for them, and GOOD FOR ME!
Last night I stumbled upon this ... http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/story?id=1500338 I probably got lost in a blog and now I can't recall where I found it. To see the story on television you can view it here ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRUMmTs0ZA (this is a 40 minute story, so you may need some time to view it, but it is worth it!). The story may not appeal to everyone ... I know some people don't love John Stossel, but I kind of like his bold style (although I know he is not right all of the time). This story may have some skewing, but overall I can understand its points.
There are some excellent schools and some excellent teachers out there, but I also know that our country does not have consistancy by any means. I think we are do for some major reform with our education system. The No Child Left Behind Act is not the answer (in my opinion). Honestly, many countries have better systems, and I do think that we can learn from them.
INTERESTING ....
Last night I stumbled upon this ... http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/story?id=1500338 I probably got lost in a blog and now I can't recall where I found it. To see the story on television you can view it here ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRUMmTs0ZA (this is a 40 minute story, so you may need some time to view it, but it is worth it!). The story may not appeal to everyone ... I know some people don't love John Stossel, but I kind of like his bold style (although I know he is not right all of the time). This story may have some skewing, but overall I can understand its points.
There are some excellent schools and some excellent teachers out there, but I also know that our country does not have consistancy by any means. I think we are do for some major reform with our education system. The No Child Left Behind Act is not the answer (in my opinion). Honestly, many countries have better systems, and I do think that we can learn from them.
INTERESTING ....
Comments
Lisa
http://justmommyathome.blogspot.com/