Skip to main content

"Feeling Groovy"

I am aiming to be a "Hottie" by 40 ... that is still 4 years from now. Sometime within that span of 4 years my teeth will be straight, my jaw re-aligned, and my body will be firm and fit.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR? I really don't think so. I grew up with a Mom who looked better than most of my friend's moms. If not for the last 10 years and the incredible stress of my Dad being sick and passing away ... I think my Mom would still look pretty young.

Plastic surgery and all the fake stuff is not on my agenda, but taking care of my body (eating well and exercising) and my health are really important to me.

The teeth are already in the process of being fixed. For the most part I have been pretty darn miserable. The wires have completely cut up my inside lower lip to the point that I just wear wax on my brackets most of the time ... NOT a pretty sight. Kissing is so uncomfortable. I miss my little {b}'s BIG smooches. Now I have to tell her to give me soft ones because Mommy's mouth hurts a lot. Kissing my husband is even more pitiful. I think for those kind, I need a glass or two of wine, and some orajel.

Exercise is HAPPENING right now. Pretty much for the last 12 years I have gone through waves of being really good about working out. I am sure that is part of the reason why my weight has never really gone out of a 10 pound range. The plan right now is some weight training, running, and EVEN swimming. Once upon a long time ago I was a pretty good swimmer (competing for 11 years), so I know how great of an exercise it can be. I really did have a HOT BOD back in my late high school years ... strong, firm, and with great boobs (I am positive that I can't reclaim those). SQUEEZING the time to work out has to be on my top 5 priority list. Looking good would be a great plus, but feeling good is EVEN more important to me. Exercise does wonders for my stress and anxiety levels. My children and husband would certainly appreciate a calm, sane mother and wife ;)

Comments

june cleaver said…
This post reminds me of the line in When Harry Met Sally when "Sally" says through tears "And I'm going to be 40!" and "Harry" says, "When?" and she replies... "someday"

I bet you are a well prepared person aren't you? Me, I would start working on my health and fitness 12 days before my 40th birthday and then be pissed off when I didn't meet my goal.
momto5minnies said…
LOL CRIS! That is one of my favorite movies. Surely it is because I am such a particular kind of girl. Really, "I just like things the way I like them" and I always worry in advance ... very WELL IN ADVANCE!
Hen Jen said…
wow, good for you to be working at your fitness goals! I have an aim to regularly practice yoga...but I am such a flake. I want mostly to be healthy and fit, but being hot would be good too...!! I keep thinking about straightening my lower teeth, I would really like to do that. maybe I will..
thesixburghmom said…
Good for you, Elaine!

FWIW, I think you're gorgeous as you are and I'm sure Scott does too!
nutmeg said…
Me too, jumping on the exercise bandwagon again. I eat better and feel better about myself when I don't feel the 'jiggles' every time I run after the kids.

:)

Popular posts from this blog

Momto5minnies meets the Pioneer Woman!

I read her blog and knew that she was coming into town for her book signing and I thought about going, but I also knew it was the day that I was getting my braces off (MONDAY 11/9). On Sunday night before, my husband made a quick trip to Walmart and brought home a flyer saying how Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) was coming the next day. I'm not sure if my husband was more excited about me getting my braces off the next day or having me MEET THE PIONEER WOMAN. I guess I really did want to go, but now I HAD TO GO! Monday was a crazy day ... jitters in the am 4.6 mile run to make me feel relaxed (it was also my longest run yet) drop the 12 year old at her homeschool art class quick trip to Walmart (to see if there were Pioneer Woman cookbooks ... no luck, but my husband picked me up a few ... I'm gifting some for Christmas). home to throw a pot roast in the crockpot braces removal at 11:30am dentist visit at 1pm usual afterschool chaos of swim team home for a 30 minute rest wa...

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...

Not a lot has changed ...

As a puppy he always liked a warm spot. We call Comet our "close talker" (from Seinfeld) because he is in your face and always a little too close for our comfort level. The girls don't seem to mind, but it can be a little annoying for my husband and I. Really, he is a fabulous dog. He listens well and is so gentle with everyone. *We don't let Comet on furniture ... except for the playroom/schoolroom couch. There he enjoys relaxing and being read to by one of the girls. SPOILED POOCH!