
WHAT WAS MY MOTHER THINKING?????
Seriously, I think she wanted a "Shirley Temple" sort of child. Those curls and that dress with the knee highs. Any minute it looks as if I could break out in a song and dance routine ...
"On the good ship lollipop. Its a sweet trip to a candy shop Where bon-bons play On the sunny beach of Peppermint Bay."
There is a reason for this post and that is ...
I love old photos and recently my Mom passed along an album that she wanted me to fix up. This album is one of those 1970's type (brown vinyl) that have the sticky pages and cellophane over it ... just TERRIBLE for the actual photographs. Certainly this is not acid free stuff.
I am not sure I can do a whole lot with the photos, but maybe fixing the color, eliminating the scratches, and getting them on the computer will help. I've made my fair share of photobooks. Maybe I will do the same thing to the photo album she sent me.
Seeing old photos is really cool to me. I know that a lot of people just don't experience the joy of looking back and remembering, but I do. You may call me an OLD SOUL, but really I don't mind a bit.
I think my {m} makes a very similar expression to what I did as a child ...
That scrunched up nose and pursed lip look ;)
(minus the curls ...LOL!)
In many other ways she is JUST LIKE ME. I remember A LOT (she does too) and never, ever forget a face. Maybe that is why the past is so important to me. My mind is constantly remembering a face, a time, a snapshot ... CLICK, CLICK!
Hmmmmmmm ...

Comments
Thank you for leaving a comment on one of my bands' youtube clips. What a great surprise!
I googled your 'momto5minnies' name and found your blog! It's incredibly heartening to see you are blessed with an amazing life and a beautiful loving family. AND - you're a fantastic photographer to boot!!!
Best wishes from STL! I wish you and your family a lifetime of love and happiness.
Sincerely,
Chris
I love the photo of your daughter, wow, you take great photos. I am trying to improve my photo taking, but not progressing much in that area...I'll keep at it!
have a great week!
My older daughter recently came across a book ("The Hidden Life of Dogs") that you gave and inscribed to me. I guess I was curious to see what you were up to.
So glad to see that you are still doing what you love to do. Continued success with that!
After reading a lot of your entries, I noticed that you sound a lot like me. I came to this blog as a link on another homeschool site. I'll be coming back to see how you are doing! Good luck!
I did the "color of your blog" and I'm a purple too!
What do you use to load your old photos into the computer.
Do you have a program to do lots of pics on the scanner at once?
or do you do them one at at time?
I just got all the photo albums from my mom too. I want to get them in the computer too.