I shouldn't even be on the computer, but I figured that while I shovel down my egg sandwich that I just made ... might as well sit and read and write a little.
WE are heavy into our activities right now. Trying to keep up with everyone's schedules, business trips, meetings, practices, classes, and appointments is very tricky right now. I hope I don't crash ...
I am having a little guilt right now about not making homeschooling FUN. We are busy, getting lots done, but my husband joked with me last night about how I am going through all the motions of school, but we need to do other "fun" stuff or else I could be done teaching their current grade by February. Coming up with ideas might be hard for me. I want things to sort of go along with what we are doing in our own home, but where I live might prove to be a little bit of an obstacle. You really have to look HARD to find field trips here. Maybe I am not giving where I live enough credit, but having once lived in two major cities before, I was completely spoiled by our environment.
I need to brainstorm.
???? The local zoo (even though it is not THE BEST) may happen. {m} is learning about classiflying animals so this sounds like a perfect spot. I think my 2 year old and 9 year old will love that too.
????? The Children's Theatre in my area offers tickets (Friday morning shows) to homeschoolers. I just emailed someone about this ... hoping I am not TOO LATE.
?????? We do have a Children's Discovery Museum that I should try to visit. There are a lot of things there that I could connect to.
Thinking, thinking, thinking ...
I am sure that there is so much more that we could find if I really tried. When they were in school, they only did 2-3 field trips in the year, so I would imagine that I could "up" that ;)
Ok, breakfast is done. Onto school and life ...
WE are heavy into our activities right now. Trying to keep up with everyone's schedules, business trips, meetings, practices, classes, and appointments is very tricky right now. I hope I don't crash ...
I am having a little guilt right now about not making homeschooling FUN. We are busy, getting lots done, but my husband joked with me last night about how I am going through all the motions of school, but we need to do other "fun" stuff or else I could be done teaching their current grade by February. Coming up with ideas might be hard for me. I want things to sort of go along with what we are doing in our own home, but where I live might prove to be a little bit of an obstacle. You really have to look HARD to find field trips here. Maybe I am not giving where I live enough credit, but having once lived in two major cities before, I was completely spoiled by our environment.
I need to brainstorm.
???? The local zoo (even though it is not THE BEST) may happen. {m} is learning about classiflying animals so this sounds like a perfect spot. I think my 2 year old and 9 year old will love that too.
????? The Children's Theatre in my area offers tickets (Friday morning shows) to homeschoolers. I just emailed someone about this ... hoping I am not TOO LATE.
?????? We do have a Children's Discovery Museum that I should try to visit. There are a lot of things there that I could connect to.
Thinking, thinking, thinking ...
I am sure that there is so much more that we could find if I really tried. When they were in school, they only did 2-3 field trips in the year, so I would imagine that I could "up" that ;)
Ok, breakfast is done. Onto school and life ...
Comments
I usually don't plan anything besides the State Fair for September. I need to see that we are accomplishing something...
Yeah, I'm no fun either...
;)
Are you at all interested in finding a homeschool support group? Even if we don't always go along with the group, they can be a good source of ideas for field trips.
I think I could be wrong and you don't even live here, but I thought I read that somewhere!
Anna O
Do the girls have any ideas? I asked this once and the most popular choice was bungy jumping! LOL!