The "type" of drink is different depending on the moment, THE MOOD, or the time of year.
Each morning starts with my CUP OF JOE. Almost 2 years ago my husband gifted me with a Keurig system that makes REALLY good coffee. I am a "bold" flavor girl. I don't like flavors (vanilla or hazelnut ... yuck). Serve me my cup with some sugar and creme (or the regular liquid Coffeemate). If I don't have my daily cup - WATCH OUT! I am doomed to be grumpy and get a headache which will transpire into a not so lovely sort of day.
After a great run, I just want to drink ice chips with some water. I don't typically like iced cold water because it hurts my sensitive teeth, but some ice chips melting in my mouth are so satisfying.
In the summer, I enjoy a sweet tea over ice. YIKES ... maybe some of the "south" is rubbing off on me.
Occasionally I will partake in an ice cold Michelob Ultra. For this drink, it has to be ice cold and from a bottle only. I can't down the beers like I did in college ... way too filling. For me a beer goes well by itself on a hot afternoon on the weekend, or with a good burger.
For a special treat while I am out and feeling like I am having one of those deserving moments it will be the Grande Iced Latte with 2 sugar in the raw. I have tried hard to cut back on this indulgence. Those little latte's add up.
Cuddling with the husband my favorite drink would be the lovely French red wine (Cotes du Rhone) that I am drinking as I type. For some reason a glass or two of this makes me a little friendlier ... something my husband likes ;)
On a cold rainy, snowy, windy night I really love a good cup of homemade hot cocoa. Basically this is Hershey's cocoa, sugar, vanilla extract, milk, and TONS of whipped cream (the Reddi Whip type). I cook this over the stove ... yummy in my tummy!
A new coffee drink that my husband (he would be the bartender) makes is ...
Each morning starts with my CUP OF JOE. Almost 2 years ago my husband gifted me with a Keurig system that makes REALLY good coffee. I am a "bold" flavor girl. I don't like flavors (vanilla or hazelnut ... yuck). Serve me my cup with some sugar and creme (or the regular liquid Coffeemate). If I don't have my daily cup - WATCH OUT! I am doomed to be grumpy and get a headache which will transpire into a not so lovely sort of day.
After a great run, I just want to drink ice chips with some water. I don't typically like iced cold water because it hurts my sensitive teeth, but some ice chips melting in my mouth are so satisfying.
In the summer, I enjoy a sweet tea over ice. YIKES ... maybe some of the "south" is rubbing off on me.
Occasionally I will partake in an ice cold Michelob Ultra. For this drink, it has to be ice cold and from a bottle only. I can't down the beers like I did in college ... way too filling. For me a beer goes well by itself on a hot afternoon on the weekend, or with a good burger.
For a special treat while I am out and feeling like I am having one of those deserving moments it will be the Grande Iced Latte with 2 sugar in the raw. I have tried hard to cut back on this indulgence. Those little latte's add up.
Cuddling with the husband my favorite drink would be the lovely French red wine (Cotes du Rhone) that I am drinking as I type. For some reason a glass or two of this makes me a little friendlier ... something my husband likes ;)
On a cold rainy, snowy, windy night I really love a good cup of homemade hot cocoa. Basically this is Hershey's cocoa, sugar, vanilla extract, milk, and TONS of whipped cream (the Reddi Whip type). I cook this over the stove ... yummy in my tummy!
A new coffee drink that my husband (he would be the bartender) makes is ...
- 2 parts Starbucks liquor (or you could do Kahlua)
- 1 part Vanilla vodka
- ice
- top with milk
I wish that I could piece this little post together nicely for Life in a Nutshell , but alas I have NOTHING creative to write ... nada, nilch. Maybe it is the glass of red wine that I am drinking. Better go sit down and hang with the hubby ;)
Comments