
Sometimes she is super sweet ... she tells me she loves me and lets me cuddle with her on her rocking chair.
Other times she can be stubborn, sassy, and even downright MEAN. My heart breaks when I see this because I just hope that it is not an indicator of what she will be like in the future. I also know that the way she acts looks to be a reflection of myself and what I am doing in my parenting. Lately that subject seems to be getting a big, FAT "D".
Today {c} was in rare form. She did not want to take a nap and because we missed Mass this morning, I went to the 6pm . I would have left her at home with Dad, but he is the reason we missed morning Mass ... off on a trip . Nursery was out because we arrived about 10 minutes late (there was an emergency mishap at home prior to our departure). Church was fine until we went up to receive communion. {c} wanted to walk and I NEVER let her do this because she would likely storm the altar. Anyway, she was being a little stinker (quite vocal). I tried my best to whisper lovely words of Jesus and Mary, but that was not working. Getting to the alter couldn't have come fast enough as I did my very best to keep {c} quiet with a lovely smile on my own face. Thankfully we made it to the deacon who blessed my child (who really needs it right now) even though she begged with her hand outstretched for the host.
I did get one chuckle as we were leaving Church when {c} pointed to a picture and said "Look! Jesus". I then said "No sweetie, that is the Pope". She then said "Hi Poppie Pope" (I guess he looks a little like our Poppie).
Quick dinner, no bath, and upstairs to bed for {c}. There was no fight for stories, but when we rocked and said our prayers, she got a bit sassy. I asked Jesus to help Mommy be more patient and for {c} to be a good listener and nicer to her family. {c}'s reply ... "No, I will not pray for be nice!"

Ughhhhhhhh! She is cute - most of the time.
Tomorrow is another day. I will not give up on my little girl and pray that she gets through this "2" stage ... so I hope it is only a phase. Maybe her stubborn, independent side will get her far in life ...
{c} ... my "Princess -Dorothy-Wonder Woman -Butterfly". She WANTS IT ALL!
Comments
Lord help us all!
I think God gives the most graces to the moms in Church with the little stinkers... He knows what we are going through, and He is happy we made it to His house and brought His child.
Good Job Mom!
The twos are such a trying time. As I deal with {a}, I remember how much I prayed over {e}. I just was so hoping that it would get better with three...then four...now five...lol. I'm hoping {a} turns into a sweet little darling at three, but I'm not holding my breath.