Skip to main content

AHHHHHHH ... what a beautiful weekend!

I would say that it almost feels like FALL, but then if the people in Minnesota had my weather today, they would think it was summer. I will take my upper 70's ... at least I was not sweating!

Lovely weekend recap ...
  • Caught up on season 3 of Entourage (I know this is a bit risque, but I am a NY/NJ girl ... this stuff is not shocking to me)
  • {b} did great at her little soccer game. My 5 year old can run and actually follow a ball ... YAY!
  • I purchased the colorful, but coordinating shirts that I want my 5 girls to wear for my BIG photo that will be in the yearly Christmas card. I just hope that the picture comes out nice (when I take it).
  • We all went to church and {c} behaved. We even commented that maybe we should not sit in the cry room anymore because our children are way quieter than the others.
  • I went on a date with the hubby. We saw Michael Clayton (good flick) and got some good Mexican take-out.
  • I went to the new JCPenney that they opened up by us. This is big news and although I may have frowned upon this store earlier on in my life, I was excited for a BRAND new store to open up by us. It is clean, orgnanized, and I got some GREAT deals today. The hubby picked me out some clothes for moi ... he is so much better at dressing me than I am.
  • I grocery shopped ALONE. I really despise this job, but doing it alone makes it almost bearable.
  • I successfully bathed and put to bed 5 children - solo. I am not fond of business trips and when they happen, my children are put to bed very early.
  • I cleaned my stove top tonight. It has been bothering me for at least a week and now tomorrow I can finally look at it, and not feel the need to stress over when I will get to cleaning it.

Tomorrow is MONDAY and even though there is a lot planned for this week, I am not STRESSED. If you knew me, you would be AMAZED at that thought.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad you had a great weekend. I am sure your photo will turn out stunning!
Unknown said…
WOW! Sounds like you had a very productive weekend!

And I think JCP has some decent things throughout their stores. I don't always find much in the girls 7-14 department(is that where you found shirts??) but I like the mens and womens section and housewares...especially fun curtains and hardware for kid's bedrooms!

{W}
Anonymous said…
Yes, business trips equal very early bedtime! It always thrills me to come downstairs and see that the clock reads 6:55 pm. ;)
southernjoy said…
I had to laugh about {S} dressing you. What a great man!

I cannot wait to get my Christmas card!
You've inspired me. Making the appt. at the photography studio is waiting on my finding the right outfits FIRST. Must...get...this...done!

PS. Good for you & the hu'band getting out like that. And good for you in coping so well while he was gone! (We've a business trip or two to contend with, also.)

Have a beautiful day, Elaine. :)
Anonymous said…
I know exactly what you mean about hubby being gone on a business trip and how hard bedtime is without him. I only have three, and it's still hard and seems to go on forever. Mr. Shumway was gone for 6 days last week...it seemed to last forever!
BTW, thanks for commenting on my blog and I LOVE the picture you have in the header!!!
Shelly said…
you sound like me - i, too, put my kiddos to bed earlier when dh is OOT. Just more time to unwind and do the things that you'd like to do *without* interruption! :O)

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling every bit of 46 ... ugh!

When I was 45, I was feeling fabulous.   I was fit, energetic, and I thought I could easily pass for 40;) Age was just a number and I certainly didn't think I felt or looked my true age. Then February 11th came and I turned 46.   I have sciatica on my left side, my left knee is stiff, and I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot.   I've resorted to stretching all the time and popping the occasional anti-inflammatory.   There are dark circles under my eyes that I've had to start putting concealer on.   My hair is growing out from last years 45 year old short hair, but it's just in an awkward stage.  I can't decide if I want to cut it again or let it grow out.   I even thought of styling my hair differently by doing a different hair part.   That was a terrible idea because I was SHOCKED to see how much gray is now growing in the center of my scalp.  I also think my metabolism is slowing down because my mid section seems a little thicker ... ...

"The Loveliness of The Seashore"

What is the "Seashore" like? "Where the sky meets the sea ... The seashore is a place where the sea and the sky are the same smoky gray until ... the morning sun breaks through. The hot noonday sun feels warm as a big soft cat covering you. And it seems there is nothing in the world except the sound of the wind and the rising and falling of waves." Over at Dawn 's there are so many wonderful books suggested on her blog. Earlier this month I couldn't help but to peek at some of them ... thanks Dawn! *The above quote came from The Seashore Book . The ocean moves in and then moves out. This place where water, sky and earth meet is never the same. The tide comes in, the tide goes out, each wave that returns pushes against the incoming swell as it is pulled back into the endless depths and swallowed into the vastness of an unknown deep. Such is each day of our "daily" lives. I grew up enjoying the sights, sound, and the surf of the NY/Jersey "shor...

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...