I was a little worried that when I started homeschooling my girls that they would not "love" it and eventually make some sort of comment about wanting to go back to their old school.
THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED
I was a little worried that I would not be the patient teacher that I aspired to be.
SO FAR SO GOOD
My life is still split between home (3 home) and the Catholic school (2 there). That is probably the one negative that I see. Each day I spend 90 minutes (at least) in my car driving and waiting in a pickup line. That is 7.5 hours of my week lost. ALTHOUGH, maybe I should look at in a more positive light. I do get to have some conversations with the two that I don't see for 7.5 hours each day. While driving, I often get some alone time to listen to the radio and while waiting, I read the newspaper.
There is so much GOOD that I am witnessing
My 9 year old is doing really well at home. She is genuinely happier. She is motivated to get work done. She is excited for swim team each day, and her effort at practice is wonderful.
I think that {k} had a hard time with the social scene at school. Not that she was an outcast in any sort of way. If anything, she is super cute, friendly, and cheerful ... well liked by everyone. I just think that she was distracted by so many things. Some of her friends seemed to rule her decisions which made me really sad. I wanted her to be who she was and think for herself, but that was not always the case. Suddenly I see that she is making some changes within herself ... positive ones. Last year we butted heads a lot and now I feel like we are so much closer.
{k} is showing me some wonderful aspects of herself ...
{k} is also reading more ... without the fight. We still have some comprehension issues, but when she has the right environment and conditions, she can do so much better than she ever thought. I really am so PROUD!
OKAY, now about my {m}
She is my child who doesn't like change and needs routine. Everyday I am reminded how much she has done, and how much she has left to do. Her memory is haunting at times. She is a storyteller and loves to stop in the middle of something to rattle off something she heard a long time ago. She provides so much detail. THIS will be the child that will remind me in her teens or early adulthood, that I did this or that. When you don't think she is listening, she hears every single thing.
{m} is smart and is really making progress with her reading. I am really trying to encourage more independent reading with her because she needs more practice sounding out and being fluent. She is not quite there with being ready to read a chapter book, but hopefully by years end that will happen.
SO MANY POSITIVES
THINGS ARE GOOD
I FEEL BLESSED (TODAY)
THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED
I was a little worried that I would not be the patient teacher that I aspired to be.
SO FAR SO GOOD
My life is still split between home (3 home) and the Catholic school (2 there). That is probably the one negative that I see. Each day I spend 90 minutes (at least) in my car driving and waiting in a pickup line. That is 7.5 hours of my week lost. ALTHOUGH, maybe I should look at in a more positive light. I do get to have some conversations with the two that I don't see for 7.5 hours each day. While driving, I often get some alone time to listen to the radio and while waiting, I read the newspaper.
There is so much GOOD that I am witnessing
My 9 year old is doing really well at home. She is genuinely happier. She is motivated to get work done. She is excited for swim team each day, and her effort at practice is wonderful.
I think that {k} had a hard time with the social scene at school. Not that she was an outcast in any sort of way. If anything, she is super cute, friendly, and cheerful ... well liked by everyone. I just think that she was distracted by so many things. Some of her friends seemed to rule her decisions which made me really sad. I wanted her to be who she was and think for herself, but that was not always the case. Suddenly I see that she is making some changes within herself ... positive ones. Last year we butted heads a lot and now I feel like we are so much closer.
{k} is showing me some wonderful aspects of herself ...
- she loves to cook and bake. She isn't afraid to try things (of course with me nearby)
- she is creative and likes to showcase her knowledge of things with pictures and projects
- she is funny and witty (I get to see more of this now)
{k} is also reading more ... without the fight. We still have some comprehension issues, but when she has the right environment and conditions, she can do so much better than she ever thought. I really am so PROUD!
OKAY, now about my {m}
She is my child who doesn't like change and needs routine. Everyday I am reminded how much she has done, and how much she has left to do. Her memory is haunting at times. She is a storyteller and loves to stop in the middle of something to rattle off something she heard a long time ago. She provides so much detail. THIS will be the child that will remind me in her teens or early adulthood, that I did this or that. When you don't think she is listening, she hears every single thing.
{m} is smart and is really making progress with her reading. I am really trying to encourage more independent reading with her because she needs more practice sounding out and being fluent. She is not quite there with being ready to read a chapter book, but hopefully by years end that will happen.
SO MANY POSITIVES
THINGS ARE GOOD
I FEEL BLESSED (TODAY)
Comments
{W}