Their hearts are heavy with grief and sadness {w} right now. My prayers are certainly with them.
At RCIA this week our Monsignor spoke of Advent and reminded us to be prepared ... Jesus was coming. Although trying not to sound like a downer he reminded us that we need to live each day the best that we can because we can't know what tomorrow will bring ... only God knows. I've been particularly drawn to the stories that Monsignor tells. He has a great way of connecting things to the faith.
This year has been an emotional one. Losing my Dad has been terribly sad, but it also provided me with a gift ... the need to reconnect and grow spiritually. I know our time on earth is only a temporary stop. We can't live life thinking "is this it?". We need to have something to look forward to.
Recently I heard Tim McGraw's song which has some (corny)sweet lyrics that are a great little reminder ...
"And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter,
"And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying.
"An' he said: "Some day, I hope you get the chance,"To live like you were dyin'."
I think that in this upcoming season of Advent it is important that we all try to live each day in the best way we can. Of course we should do this 365 days a year, but sometimes we need a smaller block of time that we can look to and say "I will TRY to do my VERY best". This Advent I hope to make that my promise ... to be kinder, more compassionate, loving, giving, and thoughtful to others because Jesus is coming!
At RCIA this week our Monsignor spoke of Advent and reminded us to be prepared ... Jesus was coming. Although trying not to sound like a downer he reminded us that we need to live each day the best that we can because we can't know what tomorrow will bring ... only God knows. I've been particularly drawn to the stories that Monsignor tells. He has a great way of connecting things to the faith.
This year has been an emotional one. Losing my Dad has been terribly sad, but it also provided me with a gift ... the need to reconnect and grow spiritually. I know our time on earth is only a temporary stop. We can't live life thinking "is this it?". We need to have something to look forward to.
Recently I heard Tim McGraw's song which has some (corny)sweet lyrics that are a great little reminder ...
"And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter,
"And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying.
"An' he said: "Some day, I hope you get the chance,"To live like you were dyin'."
I think that in this upcoming season of Advent it is important that we all try to live each day in the best way we can. Of course we should do this 365 days a year, but sometimes we need a smaller block of time that we can look to and say "I will TRY to do my VERY best". This Advent I hope to make that my promise ... to be kinder, more compassionate, loving, giving, and thoughtful to others because Jesus is coming!
Comments
Thank you for thinking about me. It really means a lot. I had a relationship with this set of grandparents that is not typically what kids experience. They lived on the farm with us and after my mom died, my grandmother became like a mother to me.
{W}