Skip to main content

Dog Food and Vinegar

That has got to be a unique title.

Things have been (a lot) quiet here (in the blogging world)... busy with homeschool, school, family, and holidays. I'm sure most moms have this same situation going on.

Today was pretty good. Productive in fact. I did lessons, laundry, science experiments, a social studies project, some online shopping, and ...

CLEANED UP a large mess of scoopfuls of dog food (thanks to the 2 year old)

and

a quart of white vinegar all over my kitchen floor (thanks to the 7 year old)


Suffice it to say, that I smell simply wonderful right now. I need to pick up my 3rd daughter from Brownies and then I NEED A SHOWER. Tonight I am supposed to look pretty and be joyful as I head to my husband's Christmas party.

'Tis the season for all that,
and ... hopefully a glass of wine ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Enjoy that glass of wine! I could use one (or TWO!) myself. It has been a long day here too - productive but LONG.

Have fun tonight. :)
Unknown said…
Well, you could choose to be thankful that the vinegar wasn't dumped on the dogfood...LOL!

Have fun at the party tonight!

{W}
southernjoy said…
LOL - I bet {S} loves your new perfume!

Hope the party is going well!
Shelly said…
Have fun!!
Anonymous said…
Hope the party is wonderful! Eau De Vinegar not your thing huh? :)
Lisa said…
LOL! So been here! It's always pickles with us, though. Hope you had a relaxed evening!

Popular posts from this blog

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...

Momto5minnies meets the Pioneer Woman!

I read her blog and knew that she was coming into town for her book signing and I thought about going, but I also knew it was the day that I was getting my braces off (MONDAY 11/9). On Sunday night before, my husband made a quick trip to Walmart and brought home a flyer saying how Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) was coming the next day. I'm not sure if my husband was more excited about me getting my braces off the next day or having me MEET THE PIONEER WOMAN. I guess I really did want to go, but now I HAD TO GO! Monday was a crazy day ... jitters in the am 4.6 mile run to make me feel relaxed (it was also my longest run yet) drop the 12 year old at her homeschool art class quick trip to Walmart (to see if there were Pioneer Woman cookbooks ... no luck, but my husband picked me up a few ... I'm gifting some for Christmas). home to throw a pot roast in the crockpot braces removal at 11:30am dentist visit at 1pm usual afterschool chaos of swim team home for a 30 minute rest wa...

Not a lot has changed ...

As a puppy he always liked a warm spot. We call Comet our "close talker" (from Seinfeld) because he is in your face and always a little too close for our comfort level. The girls don't seem to mind, but it can be a little annoying for my husband and I. Really, he is a fabulous dog. He listens well and is so gentle with everyone. *We don't let Comet on furniture ... except for the playroom/schoolroom couch. There he enjoys relaxing and being read to by one of the girls. SPOILED POOCH!