Skip to main content

An awwwwwww moment ...


It is 10 pm and there is a baby crying


I go to her room and we do "rocky, rocky" (that's just rocking on the LaZBoy chair)


We snuggle together and I think to the days when she was an infant and I could easily comfort her by nursing and doing "rocky, rocky"


I quickly remember that this BABY is now a TODDLER

She is 21/2

I know this for sure because only moments before I came to her room she said these exact words ...


"Mommy, I could really NEED a tissue"


A tissue she was given

then

We did "rocky, rocky" for Mommy's sake ;)


Comments

Leigh said…
Sorry to comment off topic but you don't have an e-mail listed...I could use your insight. I recently composed a post about being mystified about the decision to homeschool. It's by no means an attack upon those who make that choice. Rather, it's more of a request from those who do homeschool to educate me and others as to the merits of your choice. Please make comments on my blog or on your own. I will check back. Thanks.
http://themommymemoir.blogspot.com
/2008/01/homeschoolinghelp-me-understand_11.html
Unknown said…
Sweet baby girl... Keep rocking her. I bet she will still like that for a few more years.

{W}
Joannof10 said…
What a lovely photo!
southernjoy said…
Sweet! We still do a lot of "rock-rock" here!
june cleaver said…
The other night my son made me promise to give him a hug when I say good-night to him. I about jumped for joy! Just last month he forbid me to every touch him again and now he wants me to hug him. Thank you sweet Jesus... my growing boy is still my little guy.
thesixburghmom said…
Sweet girl, rock her as long as you can!

My Mom has a little rhyme that she has sung to all of my children when she rocks them. And my girls sing it to their dolls now.

It goes like this:

Rocky, Rocky, Rocky Roo
Grandma is in love with you
Rocky, Rocky, Rocky Roo
Avery loves her Grandma too.


I love to hear my girls singing it.
Anonymous said…
Oh, I feel your pain:) My baby is 3 and I still call him my baby. The problem is that he really doesn't like it and will correct me. "I am not a baby. I am a big boy." I Miss the baby stage (most of it) and try to love him as much as I can while he is still fairly little.
Anonymous said…
That is sweet! I love the moments when J still wants a little cuddlin, usually he is just too busy and on the move!
"I could need a tissue."

I love that. :-)
Shelly said…
What a blessing! I love the photo shot. She's beautiful!
Hen Jen said…
oh, keep rocking her. I remember when my last baby turned down rocking and nursing and asked for a waffle instead, sigh. Yes, I was turned down for an eggo waffle. sniff.
Anonymous said…
Oh my, Out on a Limb! I love that little song your mother sings to her grandbabies. If you don't mind, I'm going to swipe the lyrics and sing that to my grands. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Popular posts from this blog

Momto5minnies meets the Pioneer Woman!

I read her blog and knew that she was coming into town for her book signing and I thought about going, but I also knew it was the day that I was getting my braces off (MONDAY 11/9). On Sunday night before, my husband made a quick trip to Walmart and brought home a flyer saying how Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) was coming the next day. I'm not sure if my husband was more excited about me getting my braces off the next day or having me MEET THE PIONEER WOMAN. I guess I really did want to go, but now I HAD TO GO! Monday was a crazy day ... jitters in the am 4.6 mile run to make me feel relaxed (it was also my longest run yet) drop the 12 year old at her homeschool art class quick trip to Walmart (to see if there were Pioneer Woman cookbooks ... no luck, but my husband picked me up a few ... I'm gifting some for Christmas). home to throw a pot roast in the crockpot braces removal at 11:30am dentist visit at 1pm usual afterschool chaos of swim team home for a 30 minute rest wa...

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...

Not a lot has changed ...

As a puppy he always liked a warm spot. We call Comet our "close talker" (from Seinfeld) because he is in your face and always a little too close for our comfort level. The girls don't seem to mind, but it can be a little annoying for my husband and I. Really, he is a fabulous dog. He listens well and is so gentle with everyone. *We don't let Comet on furniture ... except for the playroom/schoolroom couch. There he enjoys relaxing and being read to by one of the girls. SPOILED POOCH!