Fridays should be so relaxed and casual. Seriously 4 day weeks are all I can handle, but I am forced by society to trudge on just one more day. Some (Fri)days can be great (accomplishing a lot), but other days they may just as well be a pre-Saturday without the hubby.
Random Friday fluff ...
I heard some great retro music today. I totally admit to loving the 70's. On todays list was Neil Diamond. I love that I can sing his songs and know all the words without much thought. Do the lyrics make sense? ... not sure, but gosh darnit ... I KNOW THEM!!!!!!! Sweet Caroline or how 'bout Cracklin Rosie?
I assisted my husband in picking out his newest glasses. He is a bald man ... a very cute man. I showed up very quickly after his noon time appointment and helped him to decide which GLASSES (or "special eyes" as we call it in our house). WE went for a dark rimmed frame. At first I thought a dark rimmed top with an unrimmed, clear bottom. However, I just didn't thing that did my husband justice. The total dark frame drew me to his eyes and not his BALD head. Sorry dear ... cute head, but way sexier eyes. We decided on the dark frames ;)
Attending a 5:30-7:30pm party on a Friday night for a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds is just NUTS. Today I took my 5, 7, and 2.5 year old to a great play place while my 10 and 12 year old were at their swim practice (Dad picked them up). A party with wee ones on a Friday night is just too much for me (especially when they offer up SODA for these children). Friday nights for me involve PIZZA (no cooking) and some TV/computer time. Come 8pm I am really ready to send all 5 to bed. I do love my children, but Friday night is for ME (and the husband) ... so much that I really don't want to do reading. Can't Reading Rainbow on PBS do that?
IS FRIDAY OVER? Almost ...
Random Friday fluff ...
I heard some great retro music today. I totally admit to loving the 70's. On todays list was Neil Diamond. I love that I can sing his songs and know all the words without much thought. Do the lyrics make sense? ... not sure, but gosh darnit ... I KNOW THEM!!!!!!! Sweet Caroline or how 'bout Cracklin Rosie?
I assisted my husband in picking out his newest glasses. He is a bald man ... a very cute man. I showed up very quickly after his noon time appointment and helped him to decide which GLASSES (or "special eyes" as we call it in our house). WE went for a dark rimmed frame. At first I thought a dark rimmed top with an unrimmed, clear bottom. However, I just didn't thing that did my husband justice. The total dark frame drew me to his eyes and not his BALD head. Sorry dear ... cute head, but way sexier eyes. We decided on the dark frames ;)
Attending a 5:30-7:30pm party on a Friday night for a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds is just NUTS. Today I took my 5, 7, and 2.5 year old to a great play place while my 10 and 12 year old were at their swim practice (Dad picked them up). A party with wee ones on a Friday night is just too much for me (especially when they offer up SODA for these children). Friday nights for me involve PIZZA (no cooking) and some TV/computer time. Come 8pm I am really ready to send all 5 to bed. I do love my children, but Friday night is for ME (and the husband) ... so much that I really don't want to do reading. Can't Reading Rainbow on PBS do that?
IS FRIDAY OVER? Almost ...
Comments
I hate, hate parties where kids fill up on junk. That drives me bonkers.
I hate, hate parties where kids fill up on junk. That drives me bonkers.