GAS PRICES are killin' us right now. With my driving routine right now we easily fill up the tank every 5 days and with the price at $3.50 right now ... OUCH!
Hopefully the summer months will give my car (Yukon XL) a little bit of a break. Of course we will start off the summer with a big road trip to FL and I know that will be very pricey.
For now I am trying to make every car trip worthwhile ... combining shopping and errands so that there is not the constant go out, go home, and go out again. This doesn't necessarily make my little ones happy when they are stuck waiting for their sisters to finish up activities. After yesterday, I really need to be better prepared with snacks, books, coloring materials, etc. to keep us occupied while we wait.
Another challenge is DINNER. Because I am not home in the afternoon I really need to prepare dinner before lunch. WHY? ... so that we can actually eat dinner at a normal hour and not at 7:30pm when my grumpy children have complained of starvation.
I know the gas prices will go up some more, but hopefully there will be some relief in sight. We have already downsized my husband's car to help save $$$$, but I really can't do that with my car ... I need the space. Besides I don't think that used Yukon XL's are getting good resale at all.
Hopefully the summer months will give my car (Yukon XL) a little bit of a break. Of course we will start off the summer with a big road trip to FL and I know that will be very pricey.
For now I am trying to make every car trip worthwhile ... combining shopping and errands so that there is not the constant go out, go home, and go out again. This doesn't necessarily make my little ones happy when they are stuck waiting for their sisters to finish up activities. After yesterday, I really need to be better prepared with snacks, books, coloring materials, etc. to keep us occupied while we wait.
Another challenge is DINNER. Because I am not home in the afternoon I really need to prepare dinner before lunch. WHY? ... so that we can actually eat dinner at a normal hour and not at 7:30pm when my grumpy children have complained of starvation.
I know the gas prices will go up some more, but hopefully there will be some relief in sight. We have already downsized my husband's car to help save $$$$, but I really can't do that with my car ... I need the space. Besides I don't think that used Yukon XL's are getting good resale at all.
Comments
We are paying £1.20 a litre for diesel! It cost me £80 to fill my car. That is just not funny!!
{W}
We used to think that driving was much cheaper than flying, but these days they can be pretty comparable.
The crockpot is your friend.