Living far from my Mom who is STILL grieving my Dad can be hard. I wish that I could take her to a support group because I do think that is what she needs to help her deal with some of her feelings. I lost my Dad, but my Mom lost her husband who was just about everything to her.
My Mom does not use a computer ... she has one (now), but can't see to get it running. I wish she would be computer knowledgeable because there is potential support out there without having to leave her home.
I have never seen my Mom read a book (other than a child's book when I was very young). She does read the newspaper on occasion, but I do believe that she may have a learning disability or I feel like she would have had books in her home (for her) when I was growing up.
So I guess I am looking for an inspiring, EASY read book that may provide examples of others who have gone through loss. I think if the book could be on CD that may even be better.
Mother's Day is approaching and this is the last "holiday" that my Mom spent with my Dad before he passed on May 21, 2007. I know that she will never get over my Dad, but I would hope that she could go on with her life and see that JOY is still possible.
If you can share a recommendation ... thanks!
Comments
I'm sure it's on cd. And it is told as a story... no real hard core philosophy there.
Prayers for you and your mom!
:)
It must be so hard for your mom.
From a homeschooling point of view, there is a download on there called Our Island Story which is a fantastic book in bedtime story length stories about the history of the UK. If you spend a lot of time in the car, this is a winner!