I think I need a chill pill or a big ol' glass of something to settle my nerves.

I just got back from day 1 of our 3 day STATE (long course) CHAMPIONSHIPS. It was short tonight because {k} only did one event ... the 200M IM. She did great ... cut nearly 4 seconds off her personal best (which she just did 2 weeks ago).
Lately I feel like we have moved beyond the gentle clapping hands of "go {k}, go" and "do your best"
to ...
"MOVE IT {k} ... kick those legs ... pick it up!" with a big time voice (scream) and body language (waving and jumping).
I tell ya, it's enough to give me heart palpitations and anxiety. I'm still shaking even after the event ended nearly 2 hours ago.
and
This beer that I am drinking isn't doing anything. I think my symptoms are incurable.
THANKFULLY, in a short while, the husband and 3 other children come home after a full week away in a state far, far away. I have missed them A LOT. It was strange to just have 2 children all week.
Tomorrow {e} will be added to the competition. The husband will be there so that will be extra support for all of us to get through this meet. His voice is way louder for yelling, and he helps to keep me calm. I need that!
More to follow ...
Comments
Our state finals are structured differently than yours...I think...or maybe not. State meets are head at various locations(out of necessity...MN has a lot of USA swimmers) and then there is a long course championship meet for all swimmers who have verifiable CH or faster times from finals. Or does that sound like your system too? You talk about STATE meets at the end of your seasons and I talk about FINALS. I think we are talking about the same thing...LOL!
I am glad the season is done. The school season doesn't start for...oh...2 whole weeks on August 11th. EEK!
{W}
did you have to take valium?
btw-i know what you mean that it seems strange when some of the kids are gone. We can be down 2 kids to 9 and it's really strange