about the choice of Sarah Palin.
I don't typically talk politics. I am not confident in my ability to converse well on the many topics at hand. I've done it a few times and every time I feel defeated.
There are plenty of people very good at talking the talk.
Many are passionate about their beliefs and opinions.
Some I believe are just not willing to really listen.
I grew up often believing what my parents believed. I think a lot of us may have.
Where is this going?
As time has gone by my beliefs have changed. I went off to college "thinking" I was pro-choice. Part of that was wanting to be like others and I do think it was what my own mom believed (at the time). I've moved around a lot, life and GOD has impacted me, and I certainly am not the same person I once was.
There are those who are single issue voters. I do think that makes for an easy choice. But is that the right way of thinking?
I still don't know where this is going ...
To be 100% for a candidate and their party is wonderful ... if you have really prayed about your choice and can have peace in your decision.
I still think I need to pray some more. This isn't surprising since I am usually one to need a little extra time to feel confident in my choices.
Comments
My opinion..and that is all that is is ;)...is that this VP pick has a lot to do with the gender of the candidate. It is election politics at its finest...one right out Rove's book.
I do think the pick will work for firing up the base of the party. John McCain was not naturally inclined to make this election about social issues.
As a woman, this choice insults me. Thinking women, no matter which political party they identify with, do not vote based on the gender of the candidate.
Sigh... When will men ever understand?
{W}
Award for you at my place.
I sort of envy the one issue voters, it seems like it would make things easier. I'm not conflicted this election, but I usually am. It's an awful feeling, when it seems like you have people on both sides yelling at you that you *have* to agree with them.
You're a smart, thoughtful person, and you'll make a good decision. You've got months, don't stress!