Apparently Procter and Gamble - the biggest laundry detergent maker - is testing a product that will allow laundry slackers to put off doing their wash.
With a spray or a wipe wrinkles, stains and odors can be removed from clothes ... all without washing. The product is SWASH and their 4 products include ...
- Fresh It Up - a spray to remove odors (Isn't this essentially Febreze)
- Get It Out - a stain erasing pen (Don't they already make a product like this?)
- Smooth It Out - a spray to remove wrinkles (I know this was invented way long ago)
- Steam It Out - a moistened cloth to toss in the dryer with the clothes to remove odors and wrinkles (Isn't this just like DRYEL?)
This product is meant to help out those re-wearers. You know, the people who pick up clothes off the floor and just put it right back on their body. Hopefully they do a little sniff test beforehand . College kids are probably a great test market for this product. The design of the bottles and packaging is also "cool" and meant not for the laundry room, but for the bathroom and bedroom use.
I'm not sure I could do that especially since I can't pick up clothing off the floor and inspect it all that carefully with observation and sniffing. I know that I probably wash clean clothes, but I'm not a big risk taker. My super sniffer can't handle bad whiffs.
There will be no SWASHING here ;) I will continue to pretreat, wash, dry, and iron my own clothes. Something tells me that the bacteria count on my clothing will be a lot less.
Comments
Yep, I definitely think they need to market that to college kids or teenagers, except would they really buy it - do they REALLY care?
Bizzaro!
Yep, I definitey think I'm sticking with the old fashioned way.
Okay.
(My head is hanging down.)
This may be my dream product.
No one hates doing laundry like I do.
But yeah, the bottles look cool...sort of like an energy drink!
{W}
I guess it's probably the green thing to do, but I'm not in a rush to cut back on clothes washing.