Once upon a long time ago it was probably a nice thing to do for parents ... you know the ones who rarely took out their camera. At least each year they would have one current photo of their child. However in my house, the camera reveals itself at least a few times in a week. I love my camera and I love taking pictures. So why do I continue to purchase school photos of my children year after year? Maybe because they are just so darn cute OR maybe because I feel the pressure to continue this ritual OR maybe it is because I am afraid to hear "mom, where is my 1st grade photo?"
Meet PIPPI ...
School pictures are posed and I much prefer natural sort of shots or at least semi-natural ;)I did not get to fix this child's hair before her photo session.
I did not send her to school with that white headband thing ... somehow it showed up on her head. I think it needs to go back to the lost and found.
What was the person doing who took this picture? My child doesn't normally give this expression.
OKAY ... onto the next child

She is not wearing her glasses, but SHE IS WEARING the rubberbands on her braces (this I could have said "don't worry about putting on")
I hate this color background. I guess it goes okay with the red shirt, but it is BORING!
This smile is again just a little too much. Of course I think she is cute, but if I would have taken this picture ... DELETE then RETAKE.
Again ... the hair! Not even sure what I can add to that?????
AREN'T my pictures WAY BETTER???????
Like this one ...
OR this one ...
But instead each year I fork over the money. At least I do the least expensive package.
CALL ME a sucker ;)
Comments
Yes, yours are better!!
I love your shots. they're the best!
Your girls are so stinkin' cute - and you'll have the memory of the white headband story FOREVER.
It must be a Mom guilt thing - like how you go to the picture place and you can't possibly walk away because the pics are so cute - but you don't really need 9000 pictures. Ugh. I've so been there.
I'm putting together albums for each of my kids - with all their school pics in order. Now that I have a high schooler it is to go back and look at each phase that they were in.
Hugs.
My mom always made a big deal of how awful our school pictures were, and in my childish naivete, I thought it was somehow MY fault.
The fact that you buy them, despite their "lacking" (which I actually find really charming!), is a sign of a lovely, caring Mama!