Kim tagged me on this ...
- Locate the closest book (I can do that and for once it is mine)
- Open up to page 56
- Locate the 5th sentence (darn my first sentence is half done when you start the page)
- SHARE ...
"So you'll fit in," he said.
Hmmmmm ... those words make me laugh. I have not read the book to which this line is from. To be honest it may be a "summer read" sort of book and I don't normally read those kind. I was at a swim meet with a mom who was reading this book. She lost it on day 1 and on day 2 came in with a brand new copy ... she needed to keep reading. Anyway, she found her original book and just gave it to me.
I may read it. It may help me to take my mind off so many serious things happening in our world. It is a pretty popular book ... most likely on the best sellers list.
BUT (relating that line to my life)
I don't always feel like I fit in. I'm not one to follow the crowd. I'm not overly confident with my choices. I don't usually jump into a situation. I usually do as I am told, but not always what is suggested. Over the years I feel okay with not fitting in.
I'm just me ... plain ol' me.
Comments
I loved what you shared - and I think it's obvious that people love you just the way you are! :)
Hugs!
Now you have me curious about which book the line is from...LOL!
W
(Psst- I don't think so)
Nice.
And, I like plain ol' you just the way you are!!
Sometimes I like it that way, and sometimes I don't. One of my favorite parts of blogging is that once in awhile I feel a slim chance that I might fit in somewhere. Like when I read blogs like yours
Thanks!