Have I been asked "How are you today?" ... 5x in 12 minutes (while shopping at the grocery store).
"Good, and you?"
BIG FAT LIE each and every time. A record 5 lies in a short amount of time.
I AM NOT FINE
I JUST SPENT my morning ...
- in the dentist office ... drilling away at a cavity (one that apparently showed up on x-ray 4 months ago, but nobody seemed to inform me of that at the dentist ... cracked tooth resulted)
- at the orthodontist putting on a new bracket and wire after I needed to have them taken off yesterday (after my cracked tooth discovery)

I am NOT happy ... I AM GRUMPY.
(((SIGH)))) Today I have had a bad attitude and I lied to 5 different people. It's like someone put those friendly happy people in my pathway on purpose. Although I must admit that with each little lie I felt less annoyed by the question being asked. Even though my morning was quite "stinky", it may have been nothing compared to some. Any one of those friendly workers could have been putting on their own best face. You really don't know what goes on in the the minds of others.
So this afternoon I am going to change my attitude and put on a happy face.
Just because ...
- I am blessed with so much ... some people can't even afford to fix their dental problems
- Things could be worse ... in so many ways
- It's not fun to be filled with anxiety and stress
- A happy face is way prettier than a grumpy, mad one ... crows feet look better than frown lines too
- People around me will appreciate me more
- I don't want to be selfish but instead selfless
Comments
How are you today? :)
Now, if one has teeth so horrible that it prevents her from finding a spouse and getting out of my house, then I might reconsider.
MY MOOD IS WAY BETTER since I typed this original post. Every race in life is not always that easy ... usually it doesn't come without a LOT of effort. I'm just going to think of my teeth/braces/jaw journey in that way.