This weekend is our first swim meet of this short course and in a few minutes I will be helping the girls to pack up and prepare for it. In a few short weeks {k} will be turning 11 and moving up to the next age bracket ... she is not excited about it one bit. She does have two more meets as a 10 year old and we keep trying to fill her mind with some positive reasons why moving up will be a good thing. This is also the very first short course meet for our 6 year old. She is only swimming one event (25Y free), but I am excited to see it. {e} and {m} will also be swimming. SO this weekend is definitely a family event for us.
I've realized over the last 2 months how emotional I have been. My family ... we are busy people (like so many others) and we like to change things up a lot which puts a good amount of stress on me. I know that I have had my mix of good and bad days. Sometimes it is evident in the words you see on my blog. I want to keep things real, but then I don't want to seem like a downer. Balancing my life right now is proving to be difficult. I don't have a huge support system of family and friends where I live. My husband has been working a lot more hours and traveling a lot more. The responsibilities have been on me, and from one minute to the next my reactions to people and situations can be all over the place.
I need a break ...
My 3 year old is going through one of those lovely little independent phases and I need to direct my attention to her more. Too much of my time has been spent on this computer or reading/watching anything to do with the upcoming election. Oh yeah ... the election has also gotten under my skin a bit too.
TIME TO FOCUS ...
~My family needs me to be more present in their lives.
~I need to find my smile.
~I need to not be so sensitive to what people say
A BREAK (here)is what I think I need. Hopefully at some point I'll be able to find the ability to do things in moderation. I understand that I will lose some of my readers, but I will be back. Be patient while I too try to find that virtue in me.S
EE you later!