Skip to main content

This election is so ugly to me

7 days left and I can't wait until it is done and over with.

I'm tired of the attacks and especially tired of reading the nasty, vulgar comments that I find on many sites.

I don't know why I have been sucked into reading so much that is out there. Part of it is curiousity ... I'm human. HOWEVER, I feel like I bounce from site to site reading way more than I need to and it really is having a negative effect on me.

Has politics always been this way? I would imagine with the internet, things are way more "in your face". THAT SCARES ME! I think there are a lot of people out there acting and speaking in very sinful ways. What will it be like in the future? Will elections to come get even uglier? I'm sure a lot of the morally reprehensible behaviors (NOW) have a lot to do with the current state of our economy. That doesn't excuse the evil words and actions that so many partake in. People can be so manipulated by the media and because their sensitivities have been numbed ... they don't always think or feel with any sort of conscience.

Lately I have been sad ... really sad :(

Comments

Kim H. said…
E~

You are not the only one consumed with the pending election. Not only do I feel sad like you, I am scared - I'm feeling like our world can be such an evil place, and I wonder what will happen if a certain Democrat gets elected. What will happen then? If we're not standing for our constitution and the most innocent of lives, what has our world become? I worry for our kids, for our grandkids - and how people don't get it is beyond me. I feel like I'm really praying for this election like ALL our LIVES depend on it!
Sarah said…
Oh, I so agree. For awhile I was consumed too...but decided I'm going to vote with my heart, and just turned off all the other stuff. I'm done with other's opinions now, I don't listen to the crazy accusations, and all the hype. Just turn your eyes and ears off to it (as much as possible) if you feel convicted with the info you already possess, and go for it. And it's almost over!
Good post!
Rob said…
I hear ya. I'm sick of it and I haven't even really been following. But you can't get away from it, it's every where. People seem to be willing to do just about anything to ge power at any level- local, sate and federal

Hang in there - 1 more week
Anonymous said…
I know how you feel. I can get sucked right in so easily. I've come to the realization that the only thing I can do is vote the way I believe and turn off everything else. I believe that hope and faith come from God and fear does not. The best thing to do for my kids is to be positive and not to invite fear into our home. In the end I believe good will prevail. I will do my part to help it along.
Unknown said…
ME TOO! I am mentally drained from this election. I am definately reading too much. It makes me crabby. I think my husband will be glad when it is over with because his wife will hopefully be back to her pre-election self. :)

And yes, I think it seems uglier because of the Internet. It is another outlet to get information. So many writers are exaggerating positions and fearing things that will never happen. I sometimes don't know if I should laugh or cry. Do you know what I wish? I wish all news sites would turn off the stupid comments on their articles. I'd like to read the news with no comments from the peanut gallery...whichever position they represent. UGH!

Hurry up November 4th and be done with already!

W

Popular posts from this blog

Momto5minnies meets the Pioneer Woman!

I read her blog and knew that she was coming into town for her book signing and I thought about going, but I also knew it was the day that I was getting my braces off (MONDAY 11/9). On Sunday night before, my husband made a quick trip to Walmart and brought home a flyer saying how Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) was coming the next day. I'm not sure if my husband was more excited about me getting my braces off the next day or having me MEET THE PIONEER WOMAN. I guess I really did want to go, but now I HAD TO GO! Monday was a crazy day ... jitters in the am 4.6 mile run to make me feel relaxed (it was also my longest run yet) drop the 12 year old at her homeschool art class quick trip to Walmart (to see if there were Pioneer Woman cookbooks ... no luck, but my husband picked me up a few ... I'm gifting some for Christmas). home to throw a pot roast in the crockpot braces removal at 11:30am dentist visit at 1pm usual afterschool chaos of swim team home for a 30 minute rest wa...

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...

Not a lot has changed ...

As a puppy he always liked a warm spot. We call Comet our "close talker" (from Seinfeld) because he is in your face and always a little too close for our comfort level. The girls don't seem to mind, but it can be a little annoying for my husband and I. Really, he is a fabulous dog. He listens well and is so gentle with everyone. *We don't let Comet on furniture ... except for the playroom/schoolroom couch. There he enjoys relaxing and being read to by one of the girls. SPOILED POOCH!