Skip to main content

This election is so ugly to me

7 days left and I can't wait until it is done and over with.

I'm tired of the attacks and especially tired of reading the nasty, vulgar comments that I find on many sites.

I don't know why I have been sucked into reading so much that is out there. Part of it is curiousity ... I'm human. HOWEVER, I feel like I bounce from site to site reading way more than I need to and it really is having a negative effect on me.

Has politics always been this way? I would imagine with the internet, things are way more "in your face". THAT SCARES ME! I think there are a lot of people out there acting and speaking in very sinful ways. What will it be like in the future? Will elections to come get even uglier? I'm sure a lot of the morally reprehensible behaviors (NOW) have a lot to do with the current state of our economy. That doesn't excuse the evil words and actions that so many partake in. People can be so manipulated by the media and because their sensitivities have been numbed ... they don't always think or feel with any sort of conscience.

Lately I have been sad ... really sad :(

Comments

Kim H. said…
E~

You are not the only one consumed with the pending election. Not only do I feel sad like you, I am scared - I'm feeling like our world can be such an evil place, and I wonder what will happen if a certain Democrat gets elected. What will happen then? If we're not standing for our constitution and the most innocent of lives, what has our world become? I worry for our kids, for our grandkids - and how people don't get it is beyond me. I feel like I'm really praying for this election like ALL our LIVES depend on it!
Sarah said…
Oh, I so agree. For awhile I was consumed too...but decided I'm going to vote with my heart, and just turned off all the other stuff. I'm done with other's opinions now, I don't listen to the crazy accusations, and all the hype. Just turn your eyes and ears off to it (as much as possible) if you feel convicted with the info you already possess, and go for it. And it's almost over!
Good post!
Rob said…
I hear ya. I'm sick of it and I haven't even really been following. But you can't get away from it, it's every where. People seem to be willing to do just about anything to ge power at any level- local, sate and federal

Hang in there - 1 more week
Anonymous said…
I know how you feel. I can get sucked right in so easily. I've come to the realization that the only thing I can do is vote the way I believe and turn off everything else. I believe that hope and faith come from God and fear does not. The best thing to do for my kids is to be positive and not to invite fear into our home. In the end I believe good will prevail. I will do my part to help it along.
Unknown said…
ME TOO! I am mentally drained from this election. I am definately reading too much. It makes me crabby. I think my husband will be glad when it is over with because his wife will hopefully be back to her pre-election self. :)

And yes, I think it seems uglier because of the Internet. It is another outlet to get information. So many writers are exaggerating positions and fearing things that will never happen. I sometimes don't know if I should laugh or cry. Do you know what I wish? I wish all news sites would turn off the stupid comments on their articles. I'd like to read the news with no comments from the peanut gallery...whichever position they represent. UGH!

Hurry up November 4th and be done with already!

W

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling every bit of 46 ... ugh!

When I was 45, I was feeling fabulous.   I was fit, energetic, and I thought I could easily pass for 40;) Age was just a number and I certainly didn't think I felt or looked my true age. Then February 11th came and I turned 46.   I have sciatica on my left side, my left knee is stiff, and I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot.   I've resorted to stretching all the time and popping the occasional anti-inflammatory.   There are dark circles under my eyes that I've had to start putting concealer on.   My hair is growing out from last years 45 year old short hair, but it's just in an awkward stage.  I can't decide if I want to cut it again or let it grow out.   I even thought of styling my hair differently by doing a different hair part.   That was a terrible idea because I was SHOCKED to see how much gray is now growing in the center of my scalp.  I also think my metabolism is slowing down because my mid section seems a little thicker ... ...

"The Loveliness of The Seashore"

What is the "Seashore" like? "Where the sky meets the sea ... The seashore is a place where the sea and the sky are the same smoky gray until ... the morning sun breaks through. The hot noonday sun feels warm as a big soft cat covering you. And it seems there is nothing in the world except the sound of the wind and the rising and falling of waves." Over at Dawn 's there are so many wonderful books suggested on her blog. Earlier this month I couldn't help but to peek at some of them ... thanks Dawn! *The above quote came from The Seashore Book . The ocean moves in and then moves out. This place where water, sky and earth meet is never the same. The tide comes in, the tide goes out, each wave that returns pushes against the incoming swell as it is pulled back into the endless depths and swallowed into the vastness of an unknown deep. Such is each day of our "daily" lives. I grew up enjoying the sights, sound, and the surf of the NY/Jersey "shor...

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...