
I don't talk about her a lot. It isn't that I don't get along with her because I think that I do ... pretty well. We don't have that chummy girlfriend type mom-daughter friendship and I am sure part of it is because we don't live near one another. I also think it may be because my mom carries a whole lot of baggage. She had a tough childhood ... one with abuse, neglect, and no parents to raise her. She grew up in the foster care system and I know her childhood was really very sad. Her take on life is very different than my own, but despite that she wanted so much more for her own children and I do believe that she did her very best.
She married my Dad who was her knight in shining armor. He took care of her and understood her. I know that I have talked more about my Dad because even thought I didn't have that chatty father-daughter relationship, we understood each other in a quiet sort of way. A lot of my personality comes from my Dad, however some of my ways come from my mom. You really can't escape your genes no matter how hard you try. I think my siblings would even agree with this.
My Mom struggles with a lot ... depression, missing my dad, missing her children, and missing friends. I think if my mom and I have one really big thing in common is that we hold a lot in and can sometimes implode or explode ... depending on the occasion. My mom is strong, but she is not confident. My mom is street smart, but she would never even use those words. My mom is striking, although she will never admit it. My mom is beautiful and I love her.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

Comments
We are glad you were born!
And wow, that picture of you looks so much like {M}!
W
I see you in the pictures of her.
a wonderful tribute to your mother! Happy Birthday!
Hugs!
Hugs, and happy birthday, Elaine's mom!