If I am not blogging, it probably means that I am really being productive or just plain busy.
Highlights of the last days ...
*3 day swim meet which amounted to about 23 hours at the pool. The four older girls swam. We had some mixed results and a sick (throwing up) child on day 3.
*Monday night I took my oldest daughter and 4 of her friends to see TWILIGHT. I heard mixed reviews of this, but I actually liked it a lot. This was a movie that you could take a teenager to see and there was no sex, no foul language, no nudity, and just a few relatively mild kisses. When I was a teenager you had all those John Hughes movies like Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, and a bunch more. While I did like those movies, the acting was just okay (if you watch them as an adult), and there is a whole lot that I don't think I would want my 13 year old to see (yet). Of course the movie had differences than the book, but I still found it enjoyable and the romantic side of me was just a little bit stirred up ;)
*Tuesday I had a haircut/highlight appointment with my hair lady. We chatted about Twilight, the holidays, women who obsessed with altering their looks, teeth whitening, and a few more topics. There are days in my normal schedule that I do not talk to an adult for more than 5 minutes (aside from my husband of course). Hopefully I did not appear too needy of a good chat session. Hairdressers are probably used to talking and hearing all sorts of stuff. They, like a bartender, are not too far off from a therapist. So I feel like I got my quarterly therapy session in.
*The husband and I are embarking on a new exercise/fitness/lifestyle change together. Of course I have been running, but my husband hasn't done anything in a bunch of months and I know he isn't happy with the way he feels or looks. So yesterday we did loads of pull-ups and push-ups (60 minutes of that stuff). Today we were into the lunges big time. Already I can feel the body is sore. After today, I'm not sure I will be able to walk normally, but I will get used to it. This program is intense and for those who stick with it, they see some big time results. SO, I wonder what we will see ??????
and of course
*Shopping and getting ready to cook/bake for THANKSGIVING. I'll try to post if my fingers aren't too sore, but if not ... HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
Comments
I'm a little late-- hoping your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I am in need of a new hair-do. I also like to gab to the stylist. What an interesting job to have. Remember I do not think I could touch somebodys head. ug.
Have not seen Twilight yet...I will wait till the hoopla is over.
I am going back to the gym today but I will not be doing anything nearly that intense! 30 minutes on the eliptical and maybe 15 minutes of weights. But boy, I'm impressed with you, girl!