I'm just glad that this day is here. This morning I woke up, took my girls to school, and then headed over to a local church to vote. Of course the polling place had people form two lines based on your last name. I got to go on the line that was so S*L*O*W where I saw people on the left line leave within 20 minutes and I was there for 100 minutes ... lucky me.BUT, I voted and I am HAPPY with my choices. I voted knowing very well what was important for my me and my family.
Whatever the outcome, I just hope and pray for our new President/Vice President.
(((SIGH)))) I wonder what I will watch on TV or read on the internet/newspaper NOW? It seems for so long I have been a little preoccupied ;)
Comments
The A-H line was the longest at my polling place this morning but I hate even use the word "long" knowing how long you waited to vote. My "long" means maybe 8 people in line instead 4.
I voted absentee - mostly because Leo requested a ballot knowing he'd be in Memphis already - and I figured it'd save me the time in line - although I really like the whole process of going to the polls and walking out and I'm full of pride when I wear my "I voted today" sticker.