An idea for those who may happen to STILL have some stuffing leftovers.
Take your stuffing and mix in 3-4 eggs. I had about a 2qt. dish leftover ... my girls won't touch the stuffing so it is always just the hubby and me (and other family when they are visiting). Let it sit for a little bit to absorb the liquid. Form little balls/dumplings. Bake for 25-30 minutes (at 350) ... turning at the 20 minute mark.
Then serve these little babies with some cranberry/orange relish. We just love to use the recipe from the back of the Oceanspray cranberries bag. Basically it is a whole orange or two, one cup of sugar and the bag of cranberries pulverized in the processor.
YUMMY ... I think I may just like this better than the stuffing on day one.
Comments
We didn't host this year so we didn't end up with a refrigerator of leftovers. In some ways it is nice..well for my waistline. My sister did send us home with a leftover pumpkin pie. My husband has eaten almost the whole thing. I don't like pumpkin pie so it is not a temptation for me.
W
It is the very best part of the Thanksgiving meal, in my opinion!