Skip to main content

I'm up ... really I am

Last night I had one of those nights where you just look and stare at the numbers on the clock ... every darn hour.

YAWN ...

I am not looking forward to the start of school tomorrow.  This mommy needs to get to sleep earlier and get some routine so she doesn't crash and burn.

Comments

Kim H. said…
Honey, I totally know what you're talking about. Is it back to school already?.....

I had a coughing fit around 1:30 - used the inhaler (which I'm trying to lay off of) which kept me up until well after 3 a.m.! I just woke up at noon (thank God for a teenager who could occupy Molly) - and we're heading to evening Mass tonight. Whaddyagoingtodo?.....
Maurisa said…
I'm with you on the get to sleep earlier! We have become to used to sleeping past 8 am the last couple weeks. Monday is going to be tough!
Laura said…
My sweet adorable husband has been snoring lately so my sleep is off.
I think the worrying about not sleeping even prevents me from sleeping more.
Vicious little sleep cycle.
Happy New Year.
Cascia Talbert said…
I love your blog! I found it on Catholic Mother's Online. I just wanted to drop by and say hello. I hope you and your family have a wonderful new year!
I can relate! We are so off schedule around here. At lease we had to get up kind of early today for church, so that will help. It's hard to get back on schedule.

Good luck this week!

Jen
wenderful said…
I'm not looking forward to back to school time. Especially because that means I start back up at the gym at 5 am. yuck!
I'm with you. School started today and I was not a happy momma gettin' up at 0630. Ugh... My problem is I'm a night person. I like being up late when everyone else is snoozing. But I pay for it when the alarm goes off.
Christine said…
Back to school here also. We made a lot of goals so I hope this new year is a good one!

Popular posts from this blog

Momto5minnies meets the Pioneer Woman!

I read her blog and knew that she was coming into town for her book signing and I thought about going, but I also knew it was the day that I was getting my braces off (MONDAY 11/9). On Sunday night before, my husband made a quick trip to Walmart and brought home a flyer saying how Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) was coming the next day. I'm not sure if my husband was more excited about me getting my braces off the next day or having me MEET THE PIONEER WOMAN. I guess I really did want to go, but now I HAD TO GO! Monday was a crazy day ... jitters in the am 4.6 mile run to make me feel relaxed (it was also my longest run yet) drop the 12 year old at her homeschool art class quick trip to Walmart (to see if there were Pioneer Woman cookbooks ... no luck, but my husband picked me up a few ... I'm gifting some for Christmas). home to throw a pot roast in the crockpot braces removal at 11:30am dentist visit at 1pm usual afterschool chaos of swim team home for a 30 minute rest wa...

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...

Not a lot has changed ...

As a puppy he always liked a warm spot. We call Comet our "close talker" (from Seinfeld) because he is in your face and always a little too close for our comfort level. The girls don't seem to mind, but it can be a little annoying for my husband and I. Really, he is a fabulous dog. He listens well and is so gentle with everyone. *We don't let Comet on furniture ... except for the playroom/schoolroom couch. There he enjoys relaxing and being read to by one of the girls. SPOILED POOCH!