I love the start of a new year ... resolutions, de-cluttering, and all those goals.


After a 3 week hiatus from exercise (bad, I know), I started back with my running. My husband will go full force into his P90x and I will likely do some of the workouts with him. YOGA was really my favorite and the kickboxing was pretty good too. I know the program works. After a few weeks of working out with it, I was really seeing some changes. My only issue is that life happens (so do excuses) and everyday exercise is not always priority to me. Taking this on just at the start of Thanksgiving and Christmas was tough too. I was also missing my running because while doing P90x, I just couldn't squeeze that in as well. There were just not enough hours in the day.
SO, starting on January 1st, I dusted off the sneakers and went for a little run. Today again I donned a new running outfit that my sister gifted me for Christmas, and used my new handy dandy nike+ pouch ... I love that thing. You can even check on my sidebar to view my little nike+ mini and (gasp) my latest run.
ALSO ... today I received a little BELATED gift to myself. Don't worry ladies who know that I am participating in that SHOPPING EMBARGO ... I ordered this before years end. I just love a new planner. Using my iCal with the Mac is great, but I only put major family happenings on that. I still like a place to put notes, write lists, and plan for stuff. OF COURSE, my husband found me something on the computer that works really well and it will sync with the iPhone (which I do not have ... yet). I just like the paper/pen thing that I can take with me. THIS will hopefully work really well.

Well, so far the year has started off quite productive. Today I squeezed in exercise, a bike ride, laundry, some hedge trimming, and a bit of painting. Tomorrow my religious education class starts back up, so I even had to do a little bit of lesson planning for that. One of my weaknesses (border line nutty), is that I often I walk into a room and find myself ready to take on another project. THIS is precisely why I need to stick to a plan. Hopefully this year I can do that!
Comments
Jen