Skip to main content

Small Successes ...

FaithButton
What did you get right this week?

hmmmm ...

1.  I didn't throw up at the oral surgeons when they took 2 SETS of molds.  I know I posted this earlier, but having a huge mouthpiece filled with nasty cement that almost CAN'T fit into my mouth is NOT FUN.  I had to focus on breathing so that I did't panic and GAG.  

2.  I helped my 8 year old make a castle without OVER-HELPING (if you know what I mean).  The castle looks like it was made by an 8 year old.

3.  I JUST bought tickets to a Jason Mraz concert (my post surgery gift to me and my older two girls).  I usually leave this up to my husband.  When it found me seats, I had exactly 2 minutes to confirm them or I would lose the spots.  I hardly ever make a decision in 2 minutes.  ANYWAY, I did it!  Can't wait to go to this concert.

Comments

I think your victory at the oral surgeon was HUGE. I always have a hard time at the dentist for the same reason....having them put things in my mouth makes me gag and become very anxious. Good for you!!!
Have a great week!
Rose said…
That sounds like something fun to look forward to! I also hate those molds, I agree they are not fun! I've been through braces as a kid, then as an adult I had most of my teeth redone as crowns. A couple years ago I had all the front top and bottom redone in Lumineers. The process was not fun the but end result was totally worth it (and the high price tag! I'm still paying it off!) But worth it, just keep focusing on the end!!
Unknown said…
Those are all great successes!

I once did panic when molds were being taken of my mouth. I yanked the tray out and then had to pull out chunks of the goo which was in the process of setting up. Then I had to brush my teeth and start all over again. I did much better the second time and the bottom wasn't nearly as bad as the top. ;)

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!
Laura said…
Not over-helping is a hard thing.
Good for you.
Shelly said…
i hope that all went well and that youre recovering nicely and quickly. keep us updated!
wenderful said…
There are few things worse than having impressions made. Hope you are doing well post-surgery.

Popular posts from this blog

Momto5minnies meets the Pioneer Woman!

I read her blog and knew that she was coming into town for her book signing and I thought about going, but I also knew it was the day that I was getting my braces off (MONDAY 11/9). On Sunday night before, my husband made a quick trip to Walmart and brought home a flyer saying how Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) was coming the next day. I'm not sure if my husband was more excited about me getting my braces off the next day or having me MEET THE PIONEER WOMAN. I guess I really did want to go, but now I HAD TO GO! Monday was a crazy day ... jitters in the am 4.6 mile run to make me feel relaxed (it was also my longest run yet) drop the 12 year old at her homeschool art class quick trip to Walmart (to see if there were Pioneer Woman cookbooks ... no luck, but my husband picked me up a few ... I'm gifting some for Christmas). home to throw a pot roast in the crockpot braces removal at 11:30am dentist visit at 1pm usual afterschool chaos of swim team home for a 30 minute rest wa...

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...

Not a lot has changed ...

As a puppy he always liked a warm spot. We call Comet our "close talker" (from Seinfeld) because he is in your face and always a little too close for our comfort level. The girls don't seem to mind, but it can be a little annoying for my husband and I. Really, he is a fabulous dog. He listens well and is so gentle with everyone. *We don't let Comet on furniture ... except for the playroom/schoolroom couch. There he enjoys relaxing and being read to by one of the girls. SPOILED POOCH!