Skip to main content

Ughhhh ... I don't like my blog

I'm frustrated with the "free" background ... it is slow and a lot of it just isn't my style.

I'm not in the best frame of mind for writing lately ... my blog shows that.

I think my goal this summer (when I "think" I will have time) is to learn how to create MY OWN background.

I wonder if I will do it?

Hmmmmm ...

*See, I can't even write in complete sentences that flow well.  I think that is how I operate lately.

Comments

Laura said…
I know. Writer's block is tough.
I have it every morning.
Rose said…
If you figure it out, can you show me how to do it? I like the free ones and I test them out all the time, but it would be fun to create my own too.
I got Photoshop for my birthday. I am just starting to slog my way through it. Hopefully it will teach me how to do things like make blog backgrounds and buttons. I will let you know if I discover any wonderful tips!

The only way I can come up with things to post is by having theme days. I know, kind of lame - but it helps me organize my thoughts.

I think your blog is cute!

Jen
momto5minnies said…
Thanks girls. I do have photoshop ... just need to use it ;) I guess I do have one theme day (Wordless Wed.), but then that is my given lazy day to post.
Sarah said…
I love your blog...I think the free background is cute and different. But you know what I really loved? When you had it just plain with a big pic of your girls in their bathing suits...I thought that was so cute and original and it got me hooked. You didn't even have any background then...just that great header...and I liked how you changed them too, with the season. You are a great photographer! Photoshop is great...and you know I have it too, but I still can't do crapola in it! It's so confusing and Picasa is SO easy. I just don't have the time to learn it right now!
Anonymous said…
I always like your backgrounds! I used to have Paint Shop Pro some edition. I learned very little about it but I got it back in the ebay days to make auction templates. There is a lot that you can do with programs like that, just need the time to learn and play with it.

Popular posts from this blog

Momto5minnies meets the Pioneer Woman!

I read her blog and knew that she was coming into town for her book signing and I thought about going, but I also knew it was the day that I was getting my braces off (MONDAY 11/9). On Sunday night before, my husband made a quick trip to Walmart and brought home a flyer saying how Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) was coming the next day. I'm not sure if my husband was more excited about me getting my braces off the next day or having me MEET THE PIONEER WOMAN. I guess I really did want to go, but now I HAD TO GO! Monday was a crazy day ... jitters in the am 4.6 mile run to make me feel relaxed (it was also my longest run yet) drop the 12 year old at her homeschool art class quick trip to Walmart (to see if there were Pioneer Woman cookbooks ... no luck, but my husband picked me up a few ... I'm gifting some for Christmas). home to throw a pot roast in the crockpot braces removal at 11:30am dentist visit at 1pm usual afterschool chaos of swim team home for a 30 minute rest wa...

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...

Not a lot has changed ...

As a puppy he always liked a warm spot. We call Comet our "close talker" (from Seinfeld) because he is in your face and always a little too close for our comfort level. The girls don't seem to mind, but it can be a little annoying for my husband and I. Really, he is a fabulous dog. He listens well and is so gentle with everyone. *We don't let Comet on furniture ... except for the playroom/schoolroom couch. There he enjoys relaxing and being read to by one of the girls. SPOILED POOCH!