Of course I started off Monday saying I would be busy ... and I have. I really need a good weather weekend with my husband to get some of our home jobs done. Right now I have a a huge pile of dirt and rocks sitting on my driveway that need to be properly placed into the backyard. Rain would greatly interfere with that.




This is one of two raised vegetable planters made by my husband and 2nd daughter. We are hoping to put them into this sunny spot where we seem to have trouble keeping grass (partly a dog issue and partly a water run off issue). We'll add the dirt and pea gravel to help out with all of that.
This is another eyesore in our house. The front door is wood/glass and the wood is fading and splintering. This weekend we are hoping to sand, use some wood putty, paint (dark charcoal), and replace the hardware (and kick plates). No more brass ... YAY!
See ... bad splintering.
This is my front bench which needs a little TLC. It has partially been power washed, but needs to be finished and lightly sanded. I've already repainted the flower pots and put some nice geraniums in them.
In other news ...
My older two girls have been completely consumed with play practice and rehearsals. This Thursday, Friday, and Saturday they will participate in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Mostly this is a high school production with some middle school actors. My one daughter is in the chorus and the other is part of the crew. Putting on a play is a lot of work and hours. Seems like any activity my girls do requires a lot of hours.
Auggie the puppy is doing well. He is getting quite playful and sometimes decides that we are his chew toys. When this happens we are all constantly redirecting him to eat HIS stuff. He was starting to sleep through the night, but 2x this week he has decided that evenings are quite exciting. Needless to say ... I AM TIRED. I also have been suspecting that Auggie is deaf. I know puppies don't like to listen, but other little clues led me to feel this way. I never said anything to my husband and he even mentioned it to me. This puppy sleeps hard and can remain in a sound sleep even if you scream over his head. Next week we head to the vet and hopefully I will find out if my suspicions are true. AT that point I will need to start training him with hand signals instead of voice commands. SO, this puppy just got a little harder to take care of ... sigh.
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |

Comments
I have some of those planters sitting in my backyard too! I can't wait to plant them! Your weather looks so nice. It's been snowing here for 3 days this week.
XOXO
Jen
We also have so much to do around here, and I am ready to get started. Hope you are healing well. Blessings to you!!! : )
And can't wait to see what grows in those raised beds!!!
We have 2 raised beds as well. Last summer they never produced anything because deer and rabbits ate it all. This year... a fence.