Skip to main content

FIVE THINGS ...

I love this very minute ...
  1. My quiet house where everyone including the dogs are sleeping
  2. My great NEW SleepNumber bed that I can't wait to crawl into and get my 6 hours of interrupted sleep
  3. My clean sink
  4. My country  ... just peeked over at the news to see very graphic and crazy stuff over in Afghanistan (ugh)
  5. My newly confirmed daughter who was quite excited after coming back from her first Catholic Youth Group (for high schoolers ... yikes)
I could care less about ...
  1. The kitchen table that did not get properly wiped and sanitized tonight ... tomorrow is another day
  2. The four rubberbands that I never wore in my mouth today (I will tomorrow ... promise)
  3. My old email that I know I should check because somehow I still get stuff over there (like the possibly overdue library book reminders)
  4. That I never signed my youngest up for preschool next year.  While she still loves hanging out with me, I may as well teach her myself .
  5. The upstairs portion of my house.  With this new puppy, I have a hard enough time keeping the main floor and backyard clean.  Something's got to give.
I'm so tired of ...
  1. A puppy that pees, poops, chews, and gets muddy.  I would voice my feelings to him, but he just can't HEAR ... ANYTHING ((((SIGH))))
  2. My children (#2 and #4 to be exact) who seem to put CLEAN clothes in the DIRTY laundry.  They just don't feel I do enough for them.
  3. The dichotomy that seems to be happening in the news.  Everything is so darn extreme and stubborn thoughts get in the way of seeing TRUTH.
  4. Starting projects and not finishing them when I WANT THEM to be DONE.
  5. This school year  ... wish it was DONE.  I'm so, SO tired of the requests and the various extra activities that go with this last month.
I really wish ...
  1. That I didn't have to wear these darn braces anymore ... my teeth are so straight (5 more months)
  2. That I no longer had dirt and rocks on my driveway (it's so trashy looking)
  3. That tomorrow I will go for my run while {c} is at preschool
  4. That I could figure out if I wanted long hair or short hair.  Middle length is not my favorite look, but somehow I need to have that in order to have the long "do"
  5. My family was not so scattered ... it really complicates life.
I'm thankful for ...
  1. My husband who puts up with my various "moods" and listens to all my complaints
  2. My 5 girls who drive me nuts sometimes, but always give me moments of pure joy (like when my almost 4 year old told me that she couldn't eat her dinner because she had too much homework to do).
  3. Flipflops in many colors.  When you are busy like me, it makes sense to have slip on shoes that are cheap and match all of my (simple) outfits.
  4. My home even thought the backyard looks awful, some of my window's seals are blown, my kitchen cabinets are chipped (need painting), and the grass in 1/4 of my property is just DEAD.
  5. GOD who reminds me daily how blessed I am.

Comments

Hey there! Thanks for stopping over and leaving me a comment.

If you want that headband pattern you can find it at mmmcrafts.blogspot.com. I made my pattern up as I went so some of my headbands are wider than others. I think I've worn them the past week! I knew I was going to.

Adrienne

ps. It's late, I'm tired, but I like the quiet house of night as well. :) Good night.
Unknown said…
Neat list!

W
Sarah said…
I hear you on a lot of that stuff!!!
Marlene said…
I agree with reason #3 of what you are thankful for. Flip flops! I love flip flops and have many different pairs that I wear practically every day, every where.
Kim H. said…
E --

Awesome lists. I might just "borrow" that idea.... :)

I am blessed to have a good bloggy friend like YOU! Thank you for your inspiration -- and for keeping it real.

Hugs!

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling every bit of 46 ... ugh!

When I was 45, I was feeling fabulous.   I was fit, energetic, and I thought I could easily pass for 40;) Age was just a number and I certainly didn't think I felt or looked my true age. Then February 11th came and I turned 46.   I have sciatica on my left side, my left knee is stiff, and I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot.   I've resorted to stretching all the time and popping the occasional anti-inflammatory.   There are dark circles under my eyes that I've had to start putting concealer on.   My hair is growing out from last years 45 year old short hair, but it's just in an awkward stage.  I can't decide if I want to cut it again or let it grow out.   I even thought of styling my hair differently by doing a different hair part.   That was a terrible idea because I was SHOCKED to see how much gray is now growing in the center of my scalp.  I also think my metabolism is slowing down because my mid section seems a little thicker ... ...

"The Loveliness of The Seashore"

What is the "Seashore" like? "Where the sky meets the sea ... The seashore is a place where the sea and the sky are the same smoky gray until ... the morning sun breaks through. The hot noonday sun feels warm as a big soft cat covering you. And it seems there is nothing in the world except the sound of the wind and the rising and falling of waves." Over at Dawn 's there are so many wonderful books suggested on her blog. Earlier this month I couldn't help but to peek at some of them ... thanks Dawn! *The above quote came from The Seashore Book . The ocean moves in and then moves out. This place where water, sky and earth meet is never the same. The tide comes in, the tide goes out, each wave that returns pushes against the incoming swell as it is pulled back into the endless depths and swallowed into the vastness of an unknown deep. Such is each day of our "daily" lives. I grew up enjoying the sights, sound, and the surf of the NY/Jersey "shor...

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...